OSU AD reportedly liked Babers if he looked for an outside candidate | Syracusefan.com

OSU AD reportedly liked Babers if he looked for an outside candidate

Glad for at least the short term Dino remains our guy. It’s a testament to his success here and at prior stops that the AD at Ohio State was thinking him a possibility. Here is to hoping Dino will be both successful and happy here at Cuse with his family for the long run.

I'll print your reply on shiny posterboard and show it to Dino, should he consider a Faustian "bargain".

I thought you meant how long osu would give day to be successful.

I just hope Urban passed Day Harbaugh’s leash

Why don't we worry about building another winning season before wondering where he is going to go. I think Baber's is better off staying here honestly. He can get into the college playoff here and getting his chances.

which is why Dino will never go there.

If Dino embraced and took the challenge head on of rebuilding our program and bringing it back I don't think he would be the type to be scared of the challenge of running one of the biggest machines in the sport.

Basically, IMO, the leash being 2 years or 20 years is irrelevant to him because he'll expect himself to win big.

If Dino embraced and took the challenge head on of rebuilding our program and bringing it back I don't think he would be the type to be scared of the challenge of running one of the biggest machines in the sport.

Basically, IMO, the leash being 2 years or 20 years is irrelevant to him because he'll expect himself to win big.

never said he was scared.

omg stop. we have a great coach. He's committed to SU for the indefinite future. He could have gone elsewhere for more money - but he didn't. He made it clear that 'Cuse is a destination team for him, not a stepping stone. He loves coaching the team, he feels at home living in the Syracuse area and certainly appreciates the value of the Dome. Let's just leave it alone and enjoy him being here.

Last edited:
Say Dino is successful for 3 more years... would a blue blood program want a 60 year old coach?

omg stop. we have a great coach. He's committed to SU for the indefinite future. He could have gone elsewhere for more money - but he didn't. He loves coaching the team, he feels comfortable living in the Syracuse area and "gets" the value of the Dome. Let's just leave it alone.

What does that have to do with me responding to a poster saying OSU giving Day a 2 year leash would be why Dino would never want to go there? I almost just want to assume you replied to the wrong post.

What does that have to do with me responding to a poster saying OSU giving Day a 2 year leash would be why Dino would never want to go there? I almost just want to assume you replied to the wrong post.
There's nothing wrong with speculation ... that's what we do here. That said, the constant threads and posts about "babers" going (or being considered) here, there and everywhere are getting old. Your post points out that he's "not afraid" of taking over another program and what he might do or not do at another school. My point is, that's not even worth talking about given his public statements, his previous decisions and the hefty contract extension he just signed. Why can't we just appreciate what the guy's doing for the program. Nothing personal.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with speculation ... that's what we do here. That said, the constant threads and posts about "babers" going (or being considered) here, there and everywhere are getting old. Your post points out that he's "not afraid" of taking over another program. My point is, that is highly improbably given his public statements, his previous decisions and the hefty contract extension he just signed. Why can't we just appreciate him while he's here? Nothing personal.

I agree, worrying about him leaving is like walking around on a sunny day with a raincoat on and the hood up. My post had nothing to do with me worrying about him leaving or saying he'll leave. It was saying I don't think he would be intimidated by any challenge. Nothing more, nothing less.