OSU Blog W/Cuse Recruits Update | Syracusefan.com

OSU Blog W/Cuse Recruits Update

anomander

Living Legend
Mind you before reading this is an Ohio St recruiting blog, but has some updates (crushing blows), on some of the top Cuse targets (Mavety, Holley), as well as some former prospects (Samuel, Brown).
http://menofthescarletandgray.com/2013/08/05/who-will-finish-out-the-2014-class/

Couple interesting things is how Urban Meyer took over Mavety's recruitment, and how it looks like RU will be able to claim they out recruited OSU if they land Noah Brown, since it looks like he tried to commit, only to be turned down.

Never thought we were getting Mavety, or Holley, anyway, we aren't at that stage of recruiting yet, and won't be for a few more years.

"]Never thought we were getting Mavety, or Holley, anyway, we aren't at that stage of recruiting yet, and won't be for a few more years.

Nothing personal because you're not the only one but I can't begin to tell you how much I hate these posts. They serve nothing and nobody.

[quote They serve nothing and nobody.[/quote]
If that was the standard to allow posts (not what you advocated) the board would be almost empty most days.

Mind you before reading this is an Ohio St recruiting blog, but has some updates (crushing blows), on some of the top Cuse targets (Mavety, Holley), as well as some former prospects (Samuel, Brown).
http://menofthescarletandgray.com/2013/08/05/who-will-finish-out-the-2014-class/

Couple interesting things is how Urban Meyer took over Mavety's recruitment, and how it looks like RU will be able to claim they out recruited OSU if they land Noah Brown, since it looks like he tried to commit, only to be turned down.

Do you think Cuse has moved on..

1. Rob Wrate@rwrate 13h
  2. @chadmavety55 Did your Syracuse offer arrive yet?
  3. Chad Mavety@chadmavety55 12h
    @rwrate no it hasn't!

I'm sure they see the writing on the wall

Bingo, the Mavety ship sailed along time ago. The Samuel and Holly Ships never even began construction.

So no writing on a letter...
Sorry, my bad.

I mean I am sure he will still get a scholarship offer in the mail . I don't see the harm in that. I just meant they probably have a good idea that Mavety isn't coming here

I mean I am sure he will still get a scholarship offer in the mail . I don't see the harm in that. I just meant they probably have a good idea that Mavety isn't coming here

Perhaps it's best to budget the cost of an official visit towards someone who is more interested.

At least were getting Holley on campus . Sure it's a long shot, but at least we give ourselves a punchers chance and that's all you can ask for. Not getting a visit out of Mavety would be pretty disappointing

I'm sure Urban promised him a starting spot even though he doesn't plan to honor it... That guy will say anything and everything to get these kids to commit. Scum.

He is but its more of a courtesty visit, I wouldnt put much stock in it.

keeping in mind i dont think we get him but we have more a chance than if he didnt visit. 3.5 hours in a car and an overnight on his dime is a nice courtesy visit. Why would he do that? Samuel and Mavety aren't doing courtesy visits and with Samuel we have a player from Erasmus Hall.

Now he hasn't visited yet so we'll see if he even does.

His mom does want him close to home. IMHO I think it's penn state, Syracuse and Rutgers. I'm not convinced Ohio is he team to beat.

keeping in mind i dont think we get him but we have more a chance than if he didnt visit. 3.5 hours in a car and an overnight on his dime is a nice courtesy visit. Why would he do that? Samuel and Mavety aren't doing courtesy visits and with Samuel we have a player from Erasmus Hall.

Now he hasn't visited yet so we'll see if he even does.

His mom does want him close to home. IMHO I think it's penn state, Syracuse and Rutgers. I'm not convinced Ohio is he team to beat.

What kid wouldnt want to come up to get treated like Royalty for a few days? As Bnoro noted a few weeks ago, dont waste your time thinking about what ifs, hes not coming here.

What kid wouldnt want to come up to get treated like Royalty for a few days? As Bnoro noted a few weeks ago, dont waste your time thinking about what ifs, hes not coming here.

Thanks Coach Shafer. Appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to give us a status report on recruiting. My query to you would be why waste the staff's time in this visit if the player in question isn't coming here? Wouldn't it be smarter to spend the time and resources on another recruit? Thank you in advance for your response.

Thanks Coach Shafer. Appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to give us a status report on recruiting. My query to you would be why waste the staff's time in this visit if the player in question isn't coming here? Wouldn't it be smarter to spend the time and resources on another recruit? Thank you in advance for your response.

You mean like with EO, Ishaq and others? Every poster here with connections has been saying for months that SU is out of it for Samuels and the longest of long shots for Holley. Doesn't mean SU shouldnt still host the kid for a visit and give there best pitch regardless.

We are in the ACC now. We have resources to waste. And our coaches should be spending their time seeing what works and what doesn't with upper echelon prospects. And other prospects should see that the upper echelon guys are visiting.

FWIW Jeremy, Wayne Williams says he's very close to Holley and that he thought SU had a 90% chance of getting him. Maybe he's just blowing smoke but I thought you should know.

what a really dumb line of reasoning. there is always value add in bringing the players in for a visit. the player may choose another school, but maybe cuse made the decision harder. maybe he has teammates that the player talks to and he relays a favorable review. maybe in that teammate's mind, his opinion of cuse football has changed. maybe the player goes to another school and gets homesick and would feel better at cuse.

i imagine louie and bouie's dad told him to not waste his time going to college because he was born to pump gas and flip burgers.

FWIW Jeremy, Wayne Williams says he's very close to Holley and that he thought SU had a 90% chance of getting him. Maybe he's just blowing smoke but I thought you should know.

Hey Angler, that is good to hear but I would feel better about that statement if Wayne Williams had actually made it to campus, to be honest ive heard some rumblings that Williams may never make it but thats another story. I certainly applaud the staff for getting the kid in for a visit and as we all know sometimes a great visit can change things. Going on from what I have heard from a couple sources I wanted to avoid having fans getting there hopes up on a recruit that from all appearances is a long shot at best. Thanks for the info though, like I said you never knwo in recruiting maybe we can make a big impression.

what a really dumb line of reasoning. there is always value add in bringing the players in for a visit. the player may choose another school, but maybe cuse made the decision harder. maybe he has teammates that the player talks to and he relays a favorable review. maybe in that teammate's mind, his opinion of cuse football has changed. maybe the player goes to another school and gets homesick and would feel better at cuse.

i imagine louie and bouie's dad told him to not waste his time going to college because he was born to pump gas and flip burgers.

that you didn't understand the jest in my questions tells me all i need to know about your intelligence level. my point was that they wouldn't bring him to campus if they didn't feel they had a chance. i'll dumb it down for you next time.