OSU/Minnesota | Syracusefan.com

OSU/Minnesota

But we sucked last night against Cornell so that means the OSU win was a fluke.
No, it means our offense against OSU was a fluke. Our D will do what it does, but inevitably even average teams in the ACC are good enough to make our zone 10 to 20 percent less efficient which means we will either live or die by our clogged toilet bowl offense. We will definitely beat some good teams but we will also lose to some teams who we shouldn’t because they go off from 3 and our offense can’t compensate. Unless the offensive system improves so we can get some easy bucket we are staring at another bubble season where we are at the mercy of the committee. Yet this year was supposed to be different because we have all these returning players plus Hughes plus freshmen who can shoot. Not sure I see that... but I do see another season of barely watchable offense and white knuckling our way to wins.

No, it means our offense against OSU was a fluke. Our D will do what it does, but inevitably even average teams in the ACC are good enough to make our zone 10 to 20 percent less efficient which means we will either live or die by our clogged toilet bowl offense. We will definitely beat some good teams but we will also lose to some teams who we shouldn’t because they go off from 3 and our offense can’t compensate. Unless the offensive system improves so we can get some easy bucket we are staring at another bubble season where we are at the mercy of the committee. Yet this year was supposed to be different because we have all these returning players plus Hughes plus freshmen who can shoot. Not sure I see that... but I do see another season of barely watchable offense and white knuckling our way to wins.

A. You didn't get it.

B. We've played one good team with Frank and you think it's a fluke that we pretty much dominated after the first half so it's not even worth discussing.

Disagree and agree. Our offense was not a fluke at Ohio State. But we had a very nice game.
But our margin this season -- as it has been consistently for the last 3-5 years -- is again too thin for my liking. That has a lot to do with not only our offense, but the zone and the overall pace of play (or lack thereof). JAB is very conservative in his approach these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom