Oswego No Place Better in the Summer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oswego No Place Better in the Summer

The Cheeseburg Sub and the Texas Hot at Rudy's have gone the way of the Dinosaur, They are nothing like they were in the Day -Less taste/more money:blah:

I don't know. During my years in Oswego it was cold and windy but the snow wasn't too bad. We always said the winds dropped it on Fulton. I do remember driving back to school after winter break one year from Rochester and going through the little hamlet of Martville just west of Oswego. They had a white out 24 hrs before that dropped about 60 inches overnight. 104 looked like a bobsled run.

for 2 straight Winters when I was at Oswego we got so buried by snow we couldn't see our cars parked acorss the street. that happened about 8 times in a 2 year period. had about 6 days of classes to cancel. the lake effect is definitely hit or miss, but those 2 Winters in Oswego will make anything we deal with in Syracuse seem like living down in the Carolina's.

for 2 straight Winters when I was at Oswego we got so buried by snow we couldn't see our cars parked acorss the street. that happened about 8 times in a 2 year period. had about 6 days of classes to cancel. the lake effect is definitely hit or miss, but those 2 Winters in Oswego will make anything we deal with in Syracuse seem like living down in the Carolina's.

Not really...at least they know how to plow the roads in CNY. Until recently they simply used the compaction method of road clearing in Carolina..letting southeners attempt to drive on snow compacting it down until it turned into icy ruts making driving impossible for everyone until it melted.

I've done a few Bridge Street runs in my time. My brother in law also lived across the street from a little bar called the Patch where I remember doing some sort of thin mint pudding shot. Disgusting, yes, but it got the evening off to an interesting start. Later in the evening I vaguely remember sitting in on keyboards with Frosbit Blue (I don't play keyboards) and having my hat scalped from my head as I stood on a picnic bench at some other bar. I think I enjoyed myself. At least that's what I was told.

If SUfaninAZ is there, it's a fun place. If he's not, then it's not.

I've had one too many Harborfests for one liver to take. This will be my 12th consecutive Harborfest free summer. I'd like to be around to see my kid graduate from college so I had to make some changes. About 8 years before I even had said kid.

Those that are there, don't miss E.S.P. You'll thank me.

I just Rocked out to Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat last night at Harborfest. Highly enjoyable!:cool:
Couldn't ask for a better day. Oh, and got a Eric Cole Special at the Oswego Sub Shop :)

Nothing like Oswego in the summertime. Nothing like Oswego in the wintertime either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I work over at the hospital...that is the absolute truth, I dread the winter drive from Brewerton to Oswego. Sub shop and Greenes are frequent lunch stops :)

Yes, the bad weather on the winter drives from Liverpool to Oswego can be hell. You can go through as many as 4 different weather events in a drive up or back. You can turn a corner and realize "oh no" , start crawling at 15 - 20 mph then reach a total clearing for a few miles then head right back in and out of another whiteout. I can handle snow, what turns me into a hyperventilating wreck are those whiteouts. It's not good when you have to "visualize" a road :eek:. Thankfully those absolutely horrific days are not that frequent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom