OT — Victor Page Arrested | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT — Victor Page Arrested

Don’t forget the Hoya Samurai, Kenny Brunner. I know he transferred, but he still counts. Anyone who attacks and tries to rob a pizza delivery guy, who just brought you your dinner, with a katana sword is a class act. Not very intelligent, but class all the way. ;)
Glass houses. Derrick Brower did some time.

I dont get applying a criminal justice system standard to personal opinions of someone. For example, for victor to be convicted, the state needs to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. Therefore, the state could prove that its more than likely victor is guilty but he could still be found innocent. So, are you saying that its wrong to think victor is a pos when one thinks its more likely than not he raped someone?
Just because: not guilty does not mean proven innocent, which of course is the presumptive status, but simply not having been proven guilty, so the state of innocence never waivered.

Just because: not guilty does not mean proven innocent, which of course is the presumptive status, but simply not having been proven guilty, so the state of innocence never waivered.

Just because really isnt all that responsive of a reply

Well, expanding outside of basketball, SU has Tommy Cane, Will Allen, Derek Brower, Damone Brown, and (without being charged, but being an accepted truth among many) Marvin Harrison who have all had serious post SU issues. Here is a big list of basketball only transgressions. Glass houses.
Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Syracuse basketball program under the watchful eye of head coach Jim Boeheim.
I get the point, but not exactly stellar sourcing .. relying on the cockRoach of Casual Hoya.

Last edited:
C'mon, aren't you a lawyer? A verdict of not guilty simply prevents the imposition of criminal penalties by the State. It doesn't preclude civil liability (Hello, OJ!) nor does it have any obvious connection with how a person should/would be viewed by others. It also doesn't make the assertion of a view that the person did it slanderous.

Just because: If someone had been found not guilty of rape and murder, I think my default reaction (subject to being rebutted) would be that I would look elsewhere for a babysitter.

Your point (presumption of innocence) works for a kid like Brower who made a mistake (wrong crowd/constructive possession arrest). It's less compelling for a career criminal like Page who has been charged with 33 crimes and jailed 9 times. His current (10 year) sexual assault bid was truly ugly. At some point you wear out the presumption.

Last edited:
Broadnax has done fairly well for himself as a basketball coach for several years at D2 level.
It's nice he's turned things around. However, in college he was a complete punk.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom