OT — Victor Page Arrested | Syracusefan.com

OT — Victor Page Arrested

JOC44

You know how Boeheim do sometimes
DC local news just reported that Victor Page has been arrested for attempted rape of his girlfriend’s daughter. He was on parole at the time.

And I had been soooo close to listing him in the Big East players I admired thread.

A true pos

Half joking...but aren't people presumed innocent in the US until proven guilty? If nothing else, I'd personally need to hear some details other than "arrested" before I called a human being a POS(without adding "if guilty", at least, lol).

EDIT: I didnt say that just because it's a crime that many people are falsely accused of, either. I just meant any crime in general, I'd need to hear details before judging someone, if I decide to judge at all, being the sages teach us not to, for our own benefit.

EDIT #2: I dont follow other team's players post-college career, so you may have been privy to more information about other stuff than I. I wasnt aiming what I said at you, but how we judge people as a society, under the Pavlovian conditioning of the establishment media. To me it's rather sickening. What you focus on is what you get, so I try not to pay attention to the negative BS they pump constantly.

Last edited:
Half joking...but aren't people presumed innocent in the US until proven guilty? If nothing else, I'd personally need to hear some details other than "arrested" before I called a human being a POS(without adding "if guilty, at least, lol).

Id normally agree but in Victors case I also know facts from his past

DC local news just reported that Victor Page has been arrested for attempted rape of his girlfriend’s daughter. He was on parole at the time.

And I had been soooo close to listing him in the Big East players I admired thread.
One of the two most infamous former players from Redemption Academy in Troy, along with Lamar Odom.

This is a big addition for the Georgetown Penal League team.

However UConn is still well in control of the Big East Penal Conference, with recent NBA additions in Ben Gordon, Jeff Adrien, and Tate George. They are currently ranked #1 in the nation.

One of the two most infamous former players from Redemption Academy in Troy, along with Lamar Odom.

I didnt know that! I lived on the hard streets of Troy for awhile. Had the back window of my car smashed out twice by some thugs that my roomates had a quarrel with. I then decided to park it a couple of blocks away. Ha, it reminds me of the time when a roomie called 911 when one of them was threatening to kick in our door, and the police later mocked the roomie, and told us the guys a few houses down were crack dealers(they never bothered us). I always wondered why the police didnt arrest them if they knew they were crack dealers. I was naive and just thought they liked whatever that game is where you throw dice at the wall all night.

I think Odom's near death experience would actually be a decent way to die, kind of like Aldous Huxley's death trip.

I didnt know that! I lived on the hard streets of Troy for awhile. Had the back window of my car smashed out twice by some thugs that my friends had a quarrel with. I then decided to park it a couple of blocks away.

I think Odom's near death experience would actually be a decent way to die, kind of like Aldous Huxley's death trip.
According to this article, Odom wanted to come back to RCA with the reality TV cameras and the school refused him.
Redemption Christian coach had concerns about Lamar Odom

Half joking...but aren't people presumed innocent in the US until proven guilty? If nothing else, I'd personally need to hear some details other than "arrested" before I called a human being a POS(without adding "if guilty", at least, lol).

EDIT: I didnt say that just because it's a crime that many people are falsely accused of, either. I just meant any crime in general, I'd need to hear details before judging someone, if I decide to judge at all, being the sages teach us not to, for our own benefit.

EDIT #2: I dont follow other team's players post-college career, so you may have been privy to more information about other stuff than I. I wasnt aiming what I said at you, but how we judge people as a society, under the Pavlovian conditioning of the establishment media. To me it's rather sickening. What you focus on is what you get, so I try not to pay attention to the negative BS they pump constantly.
The local news said that Page’s attempted rape occurred outdoors and that there were multiple witnesses, FWIW.

Page, Graham, and Ewing were the worst thugs ever to play college ball. A real trio of garbage.

Don’t forget the Hoya Samurai, Kenny Brunner. I know he transferred, but he still counts. Anyone who attacks and tries to rob a pizza delivery guy, who just brought you your dinner, with a katana sword is a class act. Not very intelligent, but class all the way. ;)

The local news said that Page’s attempted rape occurred outdoors and that there were multiple witnesses, FWIW.
It's worth reading the details.
Shocking.
Even by G-town "standards."

Thanks for the info. I was just making a point that I wasnt sure the fella that called him a POS had any info other than a sentence on the messageboard, regarding the crime/accusation(unlike others, I hadnt followed the guy's past trangressions, so I didnt realize the poster may have already had the opinion before this). In the past I would have read it, but I'm not into shadenfreude (bolded for those not reading otherwise) as much as I may have been in the past. I mean this stuff happens all the time, so I wonder why I would focus on one of thousands of people, just because he went to a former rival's school. Do I not care about all the other cases as much? It's similar to why I choose not to recognize holidays.

Obviously I am not directing this as you, or even anyone on the board, including the gentleman I first replied to. I'm just using the opportunity I was given to try to spread knowledge different ways of thinking about things that maybe at least one person will find useful. If that happens, my rambling will have been worth it.

This is a big addition for the Georgetown Penal League team.

However UConn is still well in control of the Big East Penal Conference, with recent NBA additions in Ben Gordon, Jeff Adrien, and Tate George. They are currently ranked #1 in the nation.
Well, expanding outside of basketball, SU has Tommy Cane, Will Allen, Derek Brower, Damone Brown, and (without being charged, but being an accepted truth among many) Marvin Harrison who have all had serious post SU issues. Here is a big list of basketball only transgressions. Glass houses.
Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Syracuse basketball program under the watchful eye of head coach Jim Boeheim.

Last edited:
Don’t forget the Hoya Samurai, Kenny Brunner. I know he transferred, but he still counts. Anyone who attacks and tries to rob a pizza delivery guy, who just brought you your dinner, with a katana sword is a class act. Not very intelligent, but class all the way. ;)

Yes, the classic Firearms and Samurai sword university

Well, expanding outside of basketball, SU has Tommy Cane, Will Allen, Derek Brower, Damone Brown, and (without being charged, but being an accepted truth among many) Marvin Harrison who have all had serious post SU issues. Here is a big list of basketball only transgressions. Glass houses.
Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Syracuse basketball program under the watchful eye of head coach Jim Boeheim.

Well, my moral compass has now been reset.

Moving forward, I shall not criticize another college sports program.

From the article:

At the time of the 2013 assault, Page had been arrested at least 33 times and had already spent more than 700 days in jail. He lost his right eye as the result of a gunshot wound in 2003.

Well, that video was insanely disturbing. :(

20 years doesn't quite seem like enough.

I agree. After watching that video and reading he has been arrested 33 times, I think it's fair to say that he can't obey the laws of society and needs to be locked up for a very long time. The 34th chance is usually not the charm.

From the article:

At the time of the 2013 assault, Page had been arrested at least 33 times and had already spent more than 700 days in jail. He lost his right eye as the result of a gunshot wound in 2003.

You can likely read about all of that in his book...I guess he didn't opt for the "all" part:

I dont get applying a criminal justice system standard to personal opinions of someone. For example, for victor to be convicted, the state needs to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. Therefore, the state could prove that its more than likely victor is guilty but he could still be found not guilty. So, are you saying that its wrong to think victor is a pos when one thinks its more likely than not he raped someone?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom