OT: 20 Year Storm? | Syracusefan.com

OT: 20 Year Storm?

Ish88888

All American
I drove about 10 miles this morning at around 11 am, live in the albany area. Took me 1.5 hrs. Stopped 10+ times to take ice off the wipers, stopped 3x to help push off rd cars, visibility was just about 20 ft for seeing oncoming cars in the other "lane" blowing snow, 4-5 inches an hr. WOW, hows things 2 hrs west in Cuse? Be safe fellas.

I think the worst is supposed to be coming to Cuse over the next couple hours as the band makes its way northwest, from what it looked like.

Cooperstown area up to Utica area has gotten it much worse than Cuse so far.

It was bad for a little bit his morning here in PA, but it's been very hit miss in most areas.

I thought that 20 year storm was referencing Syracuse football, as in you were saying that we have to weather a 20 year storm before we will be good again.

My first thought was that we're coming up on year 16, and we probably have another 1-2 years before we're legit good again (if we're lucky), so you're probably right.

Then I saw that this thread was actually about the weather.

Well, here's to an unexpectedly early spring and warm, sunny days in Syracuse.

Horrible in Auburn

Nothing cleared.

Feet not inches

I drove about 10 miles this morning at around 11 am, live in the albany area. Took me 1.5 hrs. Stopped 10+ times to take ice off the wipers, stopped 3x to help push off rd cars, visibility was just about 20 ft for seeing oncoming cars in the other "lane" blowing snow, 4-5 inches an hr. WOW, hows things 2 hrs west in Cuse? Be safe fellas.
Drove 5 miles into Albany to pickup Mrs. Toga from work. It was as sketchy as I've ever seen it in the Capital District. Thank God I grew up in Syracuse.

Ended up with 25-30 inches in my area. Hard to be precise because of the blowing and drifting, particularly overnight. I was in eastern Virginia during the "Storm of the Century" in 1993, but I's say based on the remnants of that storm that I saw when I got home that Stella was it's equal. No driving for me yesterday despite my Syracuse pedigree. Sometimes to need to know when to say no.

Are you kidding me? I live on Tug Hill. This is just a sugar snow!

Looks like a 25-year cycle: 1966->1993->2017.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom