OT:4.22 | Syracusefan.com

OT:4.22

B

BillSU

INDIANAPOLIS -- John Ross III recorded an unofficial 40-yard dash time of 4.22 on Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine, a potentially record-breaking performance if his official time holds up. Chris Johnson holds the combine record at 4.24, set in 2008.

Ross didn't make any bold predictions about breaking Johnson's record during his media interview Friday, but he did say he expected to run a sub-4.3 clocking.

Although Ross didn't have his breakout season at UW until 2016, his fourth year at the school, his reputation for blazing speed preceded that. He was named one of the fastest players in the nation by College Football 24/7 last summer after being clocked at 4.25 at the Husky Combine about a year ago.

Fastest 40 in the history of the combine. He thought he could go faster but experienced calf cramps toward the end. One coach had him hand timed at 4.16

Last edited by a moderator:
INDIANAPOLIS -- John Ross III recorded an unofficial 40-yard dash time of 4.22 on Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine, a potentially record-breaking performance if his official time holds up. Chris Johnson holds the combine record at 4.24, set in 2008.

Ross didn't make any bold predictions about breaking Johnson's record during his media interview Friday, but he did say he expected to run a sub-4.3 clocking.

Although Ross didn't have his breakout season at UW until 2016, his fourth year at the school, his reputation for blazing speed preceded that. He was named one of the fastest players in the nation by College Football 24/7 last summer after being clocked at 4.25 at the Husky Combine about a year ago.

Fastest 40 in the history of the combine. He thought he could go faster but experienced calf cramps toward the end. One coach had him hand timed at 4.16

Why Bo Jackson is the true record-holder for the fastest 40 in NFL Combine history

I wonder what Sean Riley can do. He looks pretty fast on tv. Last season, I would get frustrated watching him take kickoffs up the middle when he looked plenty fast to go sideline and turn the corner. I suppose he was being coached to follow blockers. I can't wait to see what he does this year.

He's really good and obviously fast. Been watching him as I follow my Trojans.

I wonder what Sean Riley can do. He looks pretty fast on tv. Last season, I would get frustrated watching him take kickoffs up the middle when he looked plenty fast to go sideline and turn the corner. I suppose he was being coached to follow blockers. I can't wait to see what he does this year.

He needs to add some serious weight. I would worry about him holding up on any level of college football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom