OT: 76ers and MCW | Syracusefan.com

OT: 76ers and MCW

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Hard to believe the 6ers have lost 20 straight, getting wiped last night 103-77 to the Griz. Then again, looking at their roster, there are a number of relative unknowns. MCW had a good game last night, leading the team with 23 and 8 rebs. The guards had 24 of the 42 total rebs for the team. Tanking going on?

Not sure if this is good or bad for MCW. Bad to be on a bad team, good that he is basically a star on that team to develop his game more for the future.

He's never lost this much in his life, but it's nice to see him putting up numbers and working on getting better.

I think he's been better than even they thought he'd be, they're building the team around him. MCW will be a star so I'm glad he's in a spot where he's the guy. Unlike Dion who got drafted to be second fiddle to Kyrie then was relegated to the bench.

Haven't been watching them at all, and I pity anyone who has been. But I really hope MCW isn't developing bad habits right now. It would be difficult not to. He's playing with very few NBA caliber players in meaningless games, where his team has no chance at all. Terrible situation for a young player, especially a PG. He's most likely learning nothing good right now. Hopefully he goes down with a fake, minor "injury" and is saved from participating in this garbage.

Anybody watch Summer Dreams last night? There was even a nano-second of air time for Triche.

Haven't been watching them at all, and I pity anyone who has been. But I really hope MCW isn't developing bad habits right now. It would be difficult not to. He's playing with very few NBA caliber players in meaningless games, where his team has no chance at all. Terrible situation for a young player, especially a PG. He's most likely learning nothing good right now. Hopefully he goes down with a fake, minor "injury" and is saved from participating in this garbage.

I read a Bill Simmons mailbag for the first time in months earlier in the week and he was talking about the same thing. I've seen a little of that in my limited observation of the Sixers in recent weeks - Mike's taking bad shots, quitting on plays, and cheating for steals at the expense of playing sound positional defense.

Similar to what we saw during his slumps last season, so nothing new. But he's clearly a better pro than collegian (something I doubted but a few posters on here predicted correctly), so it'd be good if he could get some decent guidance and not absorb losing habits.

I read a Bill Simmons mailbag for the first time in months earlier in the week and he was talking about the same thing. I've seen a little of that in my limited observation of the Sixers in recent weeks - Mike's taking bad shots, quitting on plays, and cheating for steals at the expense of playing sound positional defense.

Similar to what we saw during his slumps last season, so nothing new. But he's clearly a better pro than collegian (something I doubted but a few posters on here predicted correctly), so it'd be good if he could get some decent guidance and not absorb losing habits.

Exactly. When you're playing for numbers(which is the only thing he has to play for) bad things happen. Help defense goes out the window to avoid fouls, concentration on defense becomes pointless, good shot selection and making the correct passes and plays is not rewarded in any way.

It's one thing to play on a bad team that doesn't win a lot of games. That happens to a lot of young players. This is a whole different thing though. There's very few players who are even legit NBA players on that team, and certainly no veterans who know how to play the right way to help guide things along.

Besides Wroten and Thad Young there is no NBA talent on that roster for MCW to work with. I like Sam Hinkie and think he has actually put this team in a very good position to succeed in about 3-5 years. The 76ers will get two lottery picks this season, to go along with three second rounders, and I would think Young will be moved at the draft for additional young assets.

Hard to believe the 6ers have lost 20 straight, getting wiped last night 103-77 to the Griz. Then again, looking at their roster, there are a number of relative unknowns. MCW had a good game last night, leading the team with 23 and 8 rebs. The guards had 24 of the 42 total rebs for the team. Tanking going on?

Not sure if this is good or bad for MCW. Bad to be on a bad team, good that he is basically a star on that team to develop his game more for the future.

Absolutely. That doesn't mean that the players on the court are throwing games. It means that the organization stripped the roster of most of the talent they started with. Don't get me wrong, this team wasn't good by any means at the beginning of the season.

tanking is the only thing that makes sense. what you cant do is end up in the middle of the pack year after year and never become great or terrible. look at the knicks...if they would tank more ..they would have a shot at a very high quality pick

ooops...no picks this year.

Absolutely. That doesn't mean that the players on the court are throwing games. It means that the organization stripped the roster of most of the talent they started with. Don't get me wrong, this team wasn't good by any means at the beginning of the season.
Yes, tanking indeed. I guess it was more of a rhetorical question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom