OT: "Adult World" movie filmed at Syracuse.... | Syracusefan.com

OT: "Adult World" movie filmed at Syracuse....

A college buddy of mine audition for a extra part and actually got it pretty cool.

Perhaps this just shows my age...but when I saw "Adult World" in the title of this thread, I was expecting to read about a XXX video filmed on Syracuse's campus.

But then I realized who the original poster was, the wholesome CTO herself!

Perhaps this just shows my age...but when I saw "Adult World" in the title of this thread, I was expecting to read about a XXX video filmed on Syracuse's campus.

But then I realized who the original poster was, the wholesome CTO herself!
Actually, that was supposed to be what you thought. I tried to post a "teasing" title. Guess I succeeded. :)

Last edited:
Dan and Cloris.jpg Some of my family worked as extras. My cousin had a scene where he danced with Cloris Leachman. That's him at the local showing with his dance partner.

DirecTV has it available on demand...or it did a couple of weeks ago.

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago [entirely for the Syracuse angle].

LOTS of on-location shots, lots of recognizable stuff from campus / downtown. The plot itself was a little quirky--which is expected from an indie film--but it was cool to see a billion scenes set in the town where I grew up.

Oh and the movie has nothing to do with the adult world bookstore on the boulevard. Purely a coincidence.

I have an "Adult World" story from my days as a student... A story that is so horrific/disgusting/hilarious, if I shared it here, I'd be banned from this board for life.

Just saw Big Daddy the other day for the first time. Anyone know why Adam had all those SU T-ee's on during the movie? His girlfriend had to get away to Syracuse in the beginning. There was a mention that he was in a bad mood because Syracuse had just lost 3 in a row.

Just saw Big Daddy the other day for the first time. Anyone know why Adam had all those SU T-ee's on during the movie? His girlfriend had to get away to Syracuse in the beginning. There was a mention that he was in a bad mood because Syracuse had just lost 3 in a row.

Just a coincidence.

I remember hearing that he had a nephew or a cousin who was going to SU at about that time. He also did an on-campus appearance a few years prior..I wanna say 1996ish?

A college buddy of mine audition for a extra part and actually got it pretty cool.

A few of my roommates/friends and I also went to try to be an extra. One of my buddies got it. Actually has a kissing scene in it.

I was so hungover that morning driving out to the place I'm almost certain I didn't even spell my name correctly on the application.

One of the writers he works with is an alum...at least that's the story I heard.

A local kid, Justin Nappi, apparently was one of the producers and was key in getting it filmed in Syracuse. I saw the film, it was alright.

I know nothing about the movie "Adult World". But I will tell you something that has been on my mind. I saw the Broadway play "Book of Mormon" and that is the single most funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. From the first 30 seconds to the last 30 seconds my cheeks and jaw hurt so bad I think I had face cramps! As I was walking down the streets of NYC I would occasional bust out laughing. I never thought anything so funny as this could ever be created.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom