OT: Anthony Davis -vs- Demarcus Cousins | Syracusefan.com

OT: Anthony Davis -vs- Demarcus Cousins

sufandu

Living Legend
Watching Lead Off on CBS Sports Network they mentioned that Demarcus Cousins was mad that Anthony Davis was chosen as a replacement all star over him and tweeted about it. Is it possible, that due to PayPal Cal's philosophy, there is very little comradery between classes? I can't imagine a former Duke, UNC, Kansas, or SU alum tweeting that he's mad that another player from the same school was chosen for the all star game over him. I would expect something more like, "My boy xxxxx is all star, congrats." I can definitely see the possibility for recent Kentucky guys to feel competitive about whether they were part of the best one-and-done class and not feel that connection to former players they didn't play with. Having said all that, it could just be that Cousins is a moron tweeting something moronic.

None of them chose UK because they were UK they went there to get showcased and get to the NBA more so then at any other school. Not surprised that they don't care about guys they didn't play with. Cussins is stupid though why be mad at Davis, he didn't pick himself.

Cousins is definitely a knucklehead but you can make the case he's the best C in the league, imo. Davis is right there. Not in my wildest dreams did I think Cousins would be this good.

Davis is awesome and deserves to be on the team. He should've made it in the first place.

Cousins is very good, and has an argument to being on the team as well. But I'd put him on over someone like Dirk who is still good but is making it more on career achievements and status at this point. I might even put him on over Howard, this year.

Cousins is having a great year and I can see being frustrated he didn't make it. But he continues to prove to be a headcase and he's probably putting himself in a position where he has to be play way better than others in order to get the benefit of the doubt in situations like these.

Dirk has been pretty awesome this year; he's bettering his career averages in usage rate, true shooting, and turnovers. His minutes are down a bit, but he's scoring as much and as efficiently, if not more, than he ever has in his career.

Cousins has improved; and I didn;t realize he was leading the league in usage rate. He has an argument for the team, but I would take Davis and Dirk over him. This really just goes to show how much better the west is than the east

I don't watch enough NBA to side with either guy, but Cousins is known to be an immature hothead and "me first" kind of person. This does not surprise me at all.

Cousins is kind of a knucklehead.
Though not gonna lie, I could see Dion doing something like this if he were ever an all star caliber player. Total generalization, of course

thought the exact same thing

Cousins is a knucklehead, but not as bad as he used to be. I think in a couple more years, he'll mature enough so that he becomes a real force in the league.

I think he already is a major force but I get what you mean.

Did anyone see the minor drama between Cousins and Mike Dunleavy earlier in the week? Cousins referred to Dunleavy as a "clown", and Dunleavy responded:

"He called me a clown?" Dunleavy said after Tuesday night's win over the Phoenix Suns. "I mean, I'd like to respond but clowns can't talk. So I can mime or give him some animal balloons or something."

Davis is more marketable. Cousins can look at his actions during his NBA career as to why he wasn't selected. The league and their sponsors would prefer to showcase Davis, and I don't blame them.

I certainly agree with the theory that UK players may have less loyalty.

But I think the main reason this happened is because Cousins is an idiot.