OT: Anyone get an XBox One this holiday season? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Anyone get an XBox One this holiday season?

orangeinjersey

All Conference
I was a PS guy through and through, PSOne, PS2 and PS3, but this gen I opted for the XBox due to its more entertainment centric platform. It ties into my Directv receiver, I get espn3 now (watchespn app) etc. The voice commands work 90% of the time. Forza 5 rocks.

Anyone have one? Thoughts? Any cool easter eggs?

Yup, got the kids one. So far, so awesome!

Not supporting Dolby was kind of a buzzkill. I was really looking forward to this, as I have a great home theatre, and my previous BDP didnt support Netflix or Amazon Instant apps with Dolby TruHD Surround Sound. I fully expected the XBox to support this, only to realize after hooking it up, it doesnt.

orangeinjersey said:
I was a PS guy through and through, PSOne, PS2 and PS3, but this gen I opted for the XBox due to its more entertainment centric platform. It ties into my Directv receiver, I get espn3 now (watchespn app) etc. The voice commands work 90% of the time. Forza 5 rocks. Anyone have one? Thoughts? Any cool easter eggs?
have a 14 month old what r video games?

I was a PS guy through and through, PSOne, PS2 and PS3, but this gen I opted for the XBox due to its more entertainment centric platform. It ties into my Directv receiver, I get espn3 now (watchespn app) etc. The voice commands work 90% of the time. Forza 5 rocks.

Anyone have one? Thoughts? Any cool easter eggs?
I thought directv didn't support espn3?

I thought directv didn't support espn3?

It doesn't. But the XBox one has a watchESPN app which does. With Optimum as my ISP, ESPN apparently cant figure out if I have a cable package with them or not. I got the passcode, and was authorized. I used the app last night. It works.

I got my Xbox One at launch and have been very pleased with it. If I had to nitpick my only problem is that since me and my brother look a bit a like the Xbox will sign each others profile in whilst the other one is playing. I could probably turn that feature off but its such a small problem that it doesn't really bother me.

orangeinjersey said:
lol, my first is due in Feb. Are you telling me this thing will collect dust?

Yes. I've got 2 kids under 4 and the oldest is finally able to play with me. 4 years of dust gathering.

Netflix on the other hand is worth every penny. No commercials, loads of kid stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom