OT: Are backpacks allowed at MSG? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Are backpacks allowed at MSG?

Eric15

Living Legend
I'll be attending the UConn game with my 4-year-old son next week, and I would like to bring things like an iPad and snacks for him in case he gets bored/hungry (which I assume will inevitably happen before the Under 16 timeout of the first half).

I read the bag policy on the MSG website, and it says "they strongly discourage unnecessary bags" but don't explicitly forbid it the way other arenas do.

Can anyone please advise?

It's much like going to the airport now. Security, metal detectors, etc. If my memory serves me correctly people do bring in bags, and they just go through security. Will try and find out the truth because I am curious too. But my gut says you are OK, especially for kids stuff

From the MSG website:

To help ensure that everybody can enjoy an unforgettable and safe experience, we strongly discourage guests from bringing unnecessary bags, particularly backpacks, into our venues. All bags will be subject to thorough screening, including the use of x-ray screening where available, which can delay entry. Guests and employees who do not have a bag can take advantage of our No Bag Express Lines.

Backpacks are allowed just be careful with what's in them. Sometimes when I go to an event from my office I have my stainless steel commuter coffee cup in there. Sometimes they bitch about it, sometimes they don't. Last time I went they confiscated a pair of cuticle scissors from a vanity case that I had. Didn't take the nail file, didn't take a lighter that was in there, but they felt I might hijack the place with the scissors apparently.

Thankfully in New York, where a lot of people can't just run home to dump their stuff between work and the game, they're liberal about bag-carrying.

Unlike a certain institution (cough-Syracuse University-cough).

I'll be attending the UConn game with my 4-year-old son next week, and I would like to bring things like an iPad and snacks for him in case he gets bored/hungry (which I assume will inevitably happen before the Under 16 timeout of the first half).

I read the bag policy on the MSG website, and it says "they strongly discourage unnecessary bags" but don't explicitly forbid it the way other arenas do.

Can anyone please advise?
Ask World Wide Wes how he got bags in into MSG when he “ran into” Quade Green... nailed him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom