OT: As a reminder ... | Syracusefan.com

OT: As a reminder ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Gack

2nd String
... criticism doesn't equal wisdom. Also, this forum has about 2.5K followers -- 35K filled the Dome last weekend -- temper the importance of your opinion.

... criticism doesn't equal wisdom. (Though I know bitching is CNY's bread and butter.) Also, this forum has about 2.5K followers -- 35K filled the Dome last weekend -- temper the importance of your opinion.

2.5k registered users. 6,000 visitors in an average day.

Good point though.

Snap!!
That you waited over a year to make your first post speaks volumes.

We have no right to expect a Top 25 team -- and we have one. Year in -- and some years out. I hate the turnovers -- and why don't we force the 12-foot jumper?!? -- but I wake up every game-day happy to expect victory. You hear me Austin? Morgantown?

Go Orange.

That you waited over a year to make your first post speaks volumes.

We have no right to expect a Top 25 team -- and we have one. Year in -- and most years out. I hate the turnovers -- and why don't we force the 12-foot jumper?!? -- but I wake up every game-day happy to expect victory. You hear me Austin? Morgantown?

Go Orange.
I see your points and don't disagree, but we can't excuse mistakes just because we've been fortunate enough to have a good program. We can expect to win all we want, but if we just brush the same mistakes aside time after time it becomes complacency.

ut if we just brush the same mistakes aside time after time it becomes complacency.
Yes or no -- simple response -- do you think Boeheim is accepting of these simple mistakes? Add on -- scale of 1 to 100 -- how responsible do you hold the players (e.g., to making an inbound to the corner -- is that Boeheim approved?)?

Yes or no -- simple response -- do you think Boeheim is accepting of these simple mistakes? Add on -- scale of 1 to 100 -- how responsible do you hold the players (e.g., to making an inbound to the corner -- is that Boeheim approved?)
Do you mean accepting of these mistakes as in he's willing to live with them? Or what? I'm not entirely sure what you're asking...not trying to be argumentative, just looking for clarification so I can answer.

And the players, of course, are primarily responsible when they are on the court. But JB decides who is on the court, and when, and he tells them what plays to run. He also tells them who is taking the ball out of bounds. So he's certainly at least partly to blame. I'd say that, on the court, it's 75/25 players to coach responsibility on gameday. It's 100% on the coaches in practice, though, and that's what leads to the execution or lack thereof.

so we can criticize the players but not the coach? Or am i missing the message here?

Do you mean accepting of these mistakes as in he's willing to live with them? Or what? I'm not entirely sure what you're asking...not trying to be argumentative, just looking for clarification so I can answer.

And the players, of course, are primarily responsible when they are on the court. But JB decides who is on the court, and when, and he tells them what plays to run. He also tells them who is taking the ball out of bounds. So he's certainly at least partly to blame. I'd say that, on the court, it's 75/25 players to coach responsibility on gameday. It's 100% on the coaches in practice, though, and that's what leads to the execution or lack thereof.
I'm more focussed on this board. Trust me, I say some salty things during a game -- and then again on the phone to family/friends afterwards. But I don't commit it to print. In part because I understand that I'm venting -- also becuase I worry about the impression it leaves of our fan base. Here's my hope: that before every text about a player/coach someone recites: "I'm about to comment on someone who has a skill-set that I don't have."

That hurts.

I root for the crest, not the players or coaches.

That hurts.

I root for the crest, not the players or coaches.
Would love to know: What's the crest's win/loss record? Otherwise put, how many times -- and you can add in all sports here -- that someone laid down their respective swords out out respect for ol' Syracuse.

was anyone on this board under the impression that what they have to say has any impact on the players and coaches?

What the fu$k are you talking about? I totally regret posting in this nonsensical thread.

was anyone on this board under the impression that what they have to say has any impact on the players and coaches?
That's not the point -- it's that, if it doesn't matter to the people in the arena, what does it matter to the people on the outside. My only point is that people should question their own importance. Care to disagree with that?

What the fu$k are you talking about? I totally regret posting in this nonsensical thread.
Multiple times, that is. But because you did -- defend that "the crest" has won anything.

I replied because I thought that you were joking around. Now, it's just creepy

I'm more focussed on this board. Trust me, I say some salty things during a game -- and then again on the phone to family/friends afterwards. But I don't commit it to print. In part because I understand that I'm venting -- also becuase I worry about the impression it leaves of our fan base. Here's my hope: that before every text about a player/coach someone recites: "I'm about to comment on someone who has a skill-set that I don't have."
Using that logic means we shouldn't criticize the president, CEOs of prganizatipns or law enforcement, plus about everybody else. This is an Internet discussion board. We're losing more than usual/expected. There will be criticism and discussion. When there isn't it'll be because people don't care. We don't ever want that.

I take that back -- am in deep to some Pandora -- but I believe my particular response was to this "I root for the crest, not the players or coaches." I think that's bull. And that "Syracuse" alone doesn't attract all-stars. Boeheim does. And so we hope does "Shafer."

Status
Not open for further replies.