OT: As a reminder ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: As a reminder ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're losing more than usual/expected.
And I think people's expectations are out of whack. We're 22-7 and in our first week of being outside the Top 10 in long while. I guess I feel we're lucky to think losing to the 12th-placed team is a disappointment -- you think you deserve better. Oh well.

That's not the point -- it's that, if it doesn't matter to the people in the arena, what does it matter to the people on the outside. My only point is that people should question their own importance. Care to disagree with that?
Then what is the point of a message board?

Okay admins, lets shut this site down. Our opinions don't matter to anyone at SU so there's no reason for us to post them.

Then what is the point of a message board?

Okay admins, lets shut this site down. Our opinions don't matter to anyone at SU so there's no reason for us to post them.
Vent away -- I'm just suggesting a little humility.

I didn't want to post in this thread, b/c I knew I would get "likes", and then they would be removed when the thread was deleted, and then I'd be pissed.

And I think people's expectations are out of whack. We're 22-7 and in our first week of being outside the Top 10 in long while. I guess I feel we're lucky to think losing to the 12th-placed team is a disappointment -- you think you deserve better. Oh well.
I'm going by our rankings and the share of games where we're favorites to set expectations. These aren't just mine or others on this board. It's also the media, Vegas and very other metric. Of course this happens some years. Being disappointed or trying to make sense of it doesn't make any of us bad or less of a fan.

That you waited over a year to make your first post speaks volumes.

We have no right to expect a Top 25 team -- and we have one. Year in -- and some years out. I hate the turnovers -- and why don't we force the 12-foot jumper?!? -- but I wake up every game-day happy to expect victory. You hear me Austin? Morgantown?

Go Orange.

What exactly are our rights as a fan?

This is gonna be good...
Ha, it's not -- because the answer is nothing. Syracuse basketball rolls out the product it does -- and you can either like it or lump it. You can also come to this board and vent about it -- as I can also call you (or someone who says that ESPN and the Dome built the Syracuse program) ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.