OT: AT&T U-Verse question | Syracusefan.com

OT: AT&T U-Verse question

cto

Administrator
U-Verse has finally come to my street, and they are offering nice sign-up incentives (I already have ATT broadband, land line and mobile phone service). It would be somewhat cheaper than my current Directv service. Has anyone here had experience with AT&T U-verse? What do you think of it compared to Directv? (I have been very happy with my Directv servvice; I lost electricity for six days after Irene, but I never lost Directv).

I'd suggest you visit an AT&T corporate store (or neighbor) and give it a test drive. The interface is a bit different than you're used to. You get used to what you have. Make sure you can get all of your favorite channels. You'll likely gain some channels and lose a few others. You'd be able to 4 concurrent programs instead of 2, though that may not be a big deal to you.

I have DirecTV (switched from DiSH a while back) and regularly visit a U-Verse household. I prefer DirecTV, but then again that's what I'm used to.

If you stick with DirecTV you may still want to inquire about naked U-Verse data service. It'll be faster than what you have now.

I haven't had DirecTV but we have U-Verse down here and it is much worse than TWC and Verizon

U-Verse has finally come to my street, and they are offering nice sign-up incentives (I already have ATT broadband, land line and mobile phone service). It would be somewhat cheaper than my current Directv service. Has anyone here had experience with AT&T U-verse? What do you think of it compared to Directv? (I have been very happy with my Directv servvice; I lost electricity for six days after Irene, but I never lost Directv).

How can you lose electricity but not Directv? What did you plug the receiver into? Or your television, for that matter?

BTW, DTV is the only way to go.

The TV service blows away Time Warner in NE Ohio. I really like it. My wireless internet sometimes cuts out but I have a hard line also. It's pretty fast. Happy so far. I had DISH Ntwk before Time Warner and had placement/location issues with tree blockage.

How can you lose electricity but not Directv? What did you plug the receiver into? Or your television, for that matter?

I have a small generator that I used mainly for refrigeration and security lighting. But the tv that was connected to it worked just fine the one time I turned it on.