OT Atlanta Falcons coaching | Syracusefan.com

OT Atlanta Falcons coaching

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
I'll put this here since many don't venture the lower half of the board. There are some here who reflexively defend every coach. I'd love for somebody to try to defend the atrocious coaching and play calling for Atlanta in the 4th quarter of the super bowl.

I'll put this here since many don't venture the lower half of the board. There are some here who reflexively defend every coach. I'd love for somebody to try to defend the atrocious coaching and play calling for Atlanta in the 4th quarter of the super bowl.

Well, they just hired Sarkisian as their OC, so things should be a little different. Maybe for worse.

14793124.gif

Well, they just hired Sarkisian as their OC, so things should be a little different. Maybe for worse.
Holy cow didn't see that coming.

You had to do everything you could to lose the game and they did it. Remarkable stuff. It's not like Atlanta was running the ball and had some fumbles or gave up a punt return or something like that. Everything could have been avoided with just logical play calls. Not even conservative. Logical.

You had to do everything you could to lose the game and they did it. Remarkable stuff. It's not like Atlanta was running the ball and had some fumbles or gave up a punt return or something like that. Everything could have been avoided with just logical play calls. Not even conservative. Logical.

On 3rd and long in their own end, you 'just' need to avoid the sack, and you DEFINITELY can't fumble there - they did both.
When they got it to nearly the Pats 30, when 3 runs into the line and a FG effectively ices the win, they did what they did.

Not to mention the ill advised kick return that had Atlanta starting at its own 10 yard line.

On 3rd and long in their own end, you 'just' need to avoid the sack, and you DEFINITELY can't fumble there - they did both.
When they got it to nearly the Pats 30, when 3 runs into the line and a FG effectively ices the win, they did what they did.
it's historic

"On 3rd and long in their own end" - even worse, it was 3rd and 1. 3rd and 1, up 16 pts with only 9 minutes remaining and he called a slow developing pass play - just get the 1st down (you know, like new england does)

"When they got it to nearly the Pats 30," - even worse - they were down to the Pats 22 yard line, and have a kicker who was 27 of 28 on the season from 49 yards and in

I'm not even a Falcons fan and I want to strangle Shanahan :bang:

If I were Arthur Blank, the entire staff would have been gone Monday morning.

There is no defending the play calling, clock management, etc.

Best of all, the 49ers hire Shanahan to be their head coach after that epic debacle. This should be fun to watch.