OT Best cough medicine | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT Best cough medicine

Get something with pseudoephedrine in it, from behind the pharmacy counter.
dasher, go to a Walgreens. Ask for Claritin D 12 Hr. IT will clear your sinuses and help you stop coughing. Bring your drivers license, they will need it to sell it to you because of the pseudophedrine. It works, I've had really bad head colds and usually this does the trick. ;)

Need a prescription and an apothecary pharmacy for cough syrup with codine.
Absolutely. If you are fortunate to have a doctor who will prescribe it. Take it right before bed and all will be well.

The thing is, it seems to be getting worse. Not better.
Hope you feel better soon. Might be worth a trip to the dr or an urgent care place to get a prescription and checked out. Some OTC stuff is bad if you have any blood pressure issues etc,.

I have a cough I can't get rid of. Tried a leading cough brand to no avail. What works for you guys?
I haven’t read all the responses. Delsym. Absolutely. And it has a mild taste.

However, science has recently discovered nothing really works. I assume you shall see a doctor if it persists.

If the cough is due to a allergies and/or a drip - benedryl.

I have had a persistent cough for many years and recently a doctor suggested it could be due to reflux, in which case try pepsin. I presently have a prescription version of pepsin that helps quite a bit.

Old timer that would make you care less if you still had the cough, but the scariest part is the small print saying 'skillfully combined with a number of other ingredients.'
The precursor to a proprietary blend of essential oils.

dasher, go to a Walgreens. Ask for Claritin D 12 Hr. IT will clear your sinuses and help you stop coughing. Bring your drivers license, they will need it to sell it to you because of the pseudophedrine. It works, I've had really bad head colds and usually this does the trick. ;)
dasher ...a bit of warning. Claritin has 12 and 24 hour strength. I once got 24 hour and experienced anxiety and rapid pulse. I recommended 12 hour because I have had no problems with it. Be sure you take it within a window of 12 hours during the day. I would not take it before bed unless your cough is so severe that you need to. My docs wife takes 24 and has no problem.

It depends on individual tolerance. My doc, although you need no prescription, suggested I take it and he is, IMO, a brilliant physician having founded the cardiology wing at Hartford Hospital in CT. I go to him because he is a great, general M.D. that knows a hell of a lot about everything - put me and all of his patients through a physical, (pilots too), that I would train on a treadmill for for a month before going to him and getting on his office treadmill all hooked up to a electrocardiogram machine taking up a mountain then down and then getting of quickly saying he would know immediately if anyone needed heart bypass surgery - part of his general physical for patients. I digress. :)

This is a great thread. My wife has been suffering for a week. The doctor recommended Clariton as Bill says, also Cepacol throat lozenge. That along with boiling some ginger and adding honey and lime helped her get over the worst. But now she is back to a lot of flem, dragging her down. I just got her the Top Care mucus, hoping it will help.

If the cough is due to a allergies and/or a drip - benedryl.

I have had a persistent cough for many years and recently a doctor suggested it could be due to reflux, in which case try pepsin. I presently have a prescription version of pepsin that helps quite a bit.
I've had persistent coughs (for months) over the years, mostly during the winter (not every winter though). Mine has also been attributed to reflux. For years, I've taken OTC Prilosec which seems to work.

Costco has a generic version.

I haven’t read all the responses. Delsym. Absolutely. And it has a mild taste.

However, science has recently discovered nothing really works. I assume you shall see a doctor if it persists.
Chicken soup, grandmother approved, and that tops science.

Take one table spoon every four hours. Then don't drink water for four hours. You will stop coughing for four hours.
Search "nin jiom pei pa koa" on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom