OT: Best - Or Worst - Bobby Knight Story Ever | Syracusefan.com

OT: Best - Or Worst - Bobby Knight Story Ever

FBI investigated complaints that Bobby Knight groped women at U.S. spy agency

Surprising we didn't hear about this kind of behavior during his awful broadcast stint.
Difficult to believe its something brand new.

0429bobby.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's new, if it's somehow related to progressive dementia. There's something about being addlebrained and feeling entitled that might lead to this sort of thing.
My Dad with his dementia would flirt (as long as my Mom wasn't around). Something he would Never have previously done - but that was as far as it went.

My Dad with his dementia would flirt (as long as my Mom wasn't around). Something he would Never have previously done - but that was as far as it went.
My dad did the same thing.

FBI investigated complaints that Bobby Knight groped women at U.S. spy agency

Surprising we didn't hear about this kind of behavior during his awful broadcast stint.
Difficult to believe its something brand new.
So now we are worried about unproven allegations. Why is this news?
As someone who sometimes defended wrongly accused men, I can tell you there is often some additional evidence other than one person's word against another. I would be interested to know if these were independent allegations or if any of them were supported by others in the rooms.

So now we are worried about unproven allegations. Why is this news?
As someone who sometimes defended wrongly accused men, I can tell you there is often some additional evidence other than one person's word against another. I would be interested to know if these were independent allegations or if any of them were supported by others in the rooms.
Did you read the story? There were numerous witnesses. There were four allegations at ONE meeting. He said , she said things are tough. there is your truth, my truth and the real truth somewhere in between. But this? there were male witnesses for God's sake.

Did you read the story? There were numerous witnesses. There were four allegations at ONE meeting. He said , she said things are tough. there is your truth, my truth and the real truth somewhere in between. But this? there were male witnesses for God's sake.
The allegations we're not found to have been credible enough to bring criminal charges. Why is it being brought up now?

The allegations we're not found to have been credible enough to bring criminal charges. Why is it being brought up now?
The lack of credibility is according to Knight's lawyer. Not a surprising statement.
But in reality there are a lot of reasons a US Attorney might not bring charges.

Why brought up now? Because the Washington Post reporter just found out about it and the issue hadn't been public before.

It also appears to be part of a history of problems at the little known National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
"Since 2013, 22 senior leaders have been disciplined or forced to leave the agency for offenses including bank fraud, bullying and inappropriate relationships with subordinates, according to investigative reports by the NGA inspector general that were obtained by The Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

22 people in 4 years!
Our tax dollars at work.

The lack of credibility is according to Knight's lawyer. Not a surprising statement.
But in reality there are a lot of reasons a US Attorney might not bring charges.

Why brought up now? Because the Washington Post reporter just found out about it and the issue hadn't been public before.

It also appears to be part of a history of problems at the little known National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
"Since 2013, 22 senior leaders have been disciplined or forced to leave the agency for offenses including bank fraud, bullying and inappropriate relationships with subordinates, according to investigative reports by the NGA inspector general that were obtained by The Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

22 people in 4 years!
Our tax dollars at work.

Tax dollars at work?

The FBI is investigating charges of "shoulder touching" and "over-hugging"??????

Did the "bullying" involve any taking of lunch money or any of the things bullies typically do?

The US is slowly going insane.

Tax dollars at work?

The FBI is investigating charges of "shoulder touching" and "over-hugging"??????

Did the "bullying" involve any taking of lunch money or any of the things bullies typically do?

Yeah. gov't workers at work. Boy's will be boys. It's okay to grab a butt or a breast. Plus, I bet the woman's dresses were too short.

Tax dollars at work?

giphy.gif

I don't doubt he touched the women and I don't doubt he made them feel uncomfortable. I do doubt, however, that he sexually harassed (aka 'groped') them.

I don't doubt he touched the women and I don't doubt he made them feel uncomfortable. I do doubt, however, that he s e xually harassed (aka 'groped') them.
That is in the eye of the beholder. There were guys there that thought that it was. Knight thinking he was doing nothing wrong isn't the test.