OT: Boise Back to MWC? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Boise Back to MWC?

Ugh... unless the NNBE adds some others (e.g. ECU) and speeds up Navy's entry, this could cause the NNBE to try to keep Pitt & Syracuse for another year. While I doubt they'd succeed, they could make life (even more) difficult.

Well they didn't have 12 teams in FB before so I can't see the BE asking for damages for that...however you are right that might cause some issues.

Maybe ND will put their non-football sports in the WAC to help Boise out. :cool:

Ugh... unless the NNBE adds some others (e.g. ECU) and speeds up Navy's entry, this could cause the NNBE to try to keep Pitt & Syracuse for another year. While I doubt they'd succeed, they could make life (even more) difficult.
...and i am feeling the pain...note nothing has been mentioned anywhere about 'Cuse getting out by July 1, '13. C'mon guys and gals...tell me it is going to happen...at least tell me we are actively pursuing it happening and if so how?

Boise almost has to stay where they are. Their other sports will ultimately suffer at the expense of the football program, which itself is nationally relevant without the BE ties. The way the championship model is playing out, the BE needs Bosie far more than Boise needs the BE. If I were Boise, I would cut my losses with the BE now and stay put. TCU got out for $5 MIL, so can Boise. And if the BE gets tied up in more litigation with Boise, they almost have to make a decision on letting SU and Pitt move early. The league cannot afford all those battles financially, nor does it need the bad press if they ever want to try a lure another school in.

Boise opting out of the BE could have a positive outcome for SU. I still think TGD gets it done regardless of what happens. We'll be out after this season.

Boise almost has to stay where they are. Their other sports will ultimately suffer at the expense of the football program, which itself is nationally relevant without the BE ties. The way the championship model is playing out, the BE needs Bosie far more than Boise needs the BE. If I were Boise, I would cut my losses with the BE now and stay put. TCU got out for $5 MIL, so can Boise. And if the BE gets tied up in more litigation with Boise, they almost have to make a decision on letting SU and Pitt move early. The league cannot afford all those battles financially, nor does it need the bad press if they ever want to try a lure another school in.

Boise opting out of the BE could have a positive outcome for SU. I still think TGD gets it done regardless of what happens. We'll be out after this season.

Yup. I agree with this. The BE has to be sweating right now about Boise backing out. I wonder if the lawsuit against TCU was more to send a message to Boise. I suspect Boise will see evidence of the above, and decide they are better off not jumping to the BE.

I think we need a "don't like" option for your observation...However, you may be right.

22501848.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom