OT: Buffalo praised as vacation destination by Washington Post... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Buffalo praised as vacation destination by Washington Post...

Buffalo’s starting to overflow with cool restaurants, great beer locations and concerts. Its well ahead of Syracuse in redeveloping but this urban residential boom downtown Cuse is seeing and accomodating right now will do WONDERS.

Another reason to love the 44 block party!

Nope. The key, to me, is WATER FRONT. Syracuse loses on that score.

You also have Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake and Toronto all within easy day trip distances from Buffalo.

You also have Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake and Toronto all within easy day trip distances from Buffalo.
We have the ADK, finger lakes region and a great lake i guess

This is so funny--in a how appropriate kind of way. Live right near Buffalo. On vacation starting today and rest of week. Usually visit family in Syracuse this week, but staying at home for the staycation.

Agree with the post above about Toronto, Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake ...all of which were never even mentioned in the article. I'll be going to Bennett Beach today, will go to Niagara on the Lake (gorgeous if you have never been), Erie County fair ...in my opinion very close in quality to NYS Fair, and Fantasy Island.

Darien Lake, Letchworth Park and other attractions right across the bridge in Canada make it a great place to get away. Syracuse has some things over Buffalo for sure, and my heart will always be there, but a lot of things to enjoy out this way. Really like that Albright Knox got a shout out here. I was shocked when I visited

This is so funny--in a how appropriate kind of way. Live right near Buffalo. On vacation starting today and rest of week. Usually visit family in Syracuse this week, but staying at home for the staycation.

Agree with the post above about Toronto, Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake ...all of which were never even mentioned in the article. I'll be going to Bennett Beach today, will go to Niagara on the Lake (gorgeous if you have never been), Erie County fair ...in my opinion very close in quality to NYS Fair, and Fantasy Island.

Darien Lake, Letchworth Park and other attractions right across the bridge in Canada make it a great place to get away. Syracuse has some things over Buffalo for sure, and my heart will always be there, but a lot of things to enjoy out this way. Really like that Albright Knox got a shout out here. I was shocked when I visited

All great highlights of the area. However, while the Erie County fair is a great county fair, it doesn't hold a candle to the state fair. I can see all I need to see at the Erie County fair in about 4 hours. Could spend 4 days at the state fair and not see everything.

I live right near the Albright Knox and have never been. That should probably change.