OT: Bye Bye Beef O'Brady Bowl | Syracusefan.com

OT: Bye Bye Beef O'Brady Bowl

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Beef O'Brady Corp ended sponsorship...some speculation due to chain not doing so well. ESPN will hunt for a new sponsor. Also, a USF fan is saying it will be moved after Christmas. Likely 1-3 days afterwards. The ACC gets this bowl 50% of the time. Assuming a good sponsorship and payout increase...this will be a good bowl for our conference's 6 and 7 win teams' fans.

I wonder if this had more to do with the brands we'll being or the lack of attendance at the games, let's be honest as we have discussed on here outside the BCS games bowl attendance was putrid this season!

I wonder if this had more to do with the brands we'll being or the lack of attendance at the games, let's be honest as we have discussed on here outside the BCS games bowl attendance was putrid this season!
As far as the BOB Bowl goes...they have drawn some duds recently. Most ACC teams have a lot of alumni/transplants in Tampa Bay area and let's face it they are better local draws than the SunBelt/MAC dreck they have invited lately.

Date Winning Team Losing Team Attendance Notes
December 20, 2008 South Florida 41 Memphis 14 25,205 Notes
December 19, 2009 Rutgers 45 UCF 24 28,793 Notes
December 21, 2010 Louisville 31 Southern Miss 28 20,017 Notes
December 20, 2011 Marshall 20 FIU 10 20,072 Notes
December 21, 2012 UCF 38 Ball State 17 21,759 Notes
December 23, 2013 ECU 37 Ohio 20 20,053 Notes

It's not about butts in the seats. Sponsors don't get any of the gate, they pay naming rights for marketing on national TV.

I haven't been inside the place for a few years but Hofmann's is a really small building for the amount of Dogs it sells.

Disney world wanted to sell their hotdogs there, but their demands were outrageous and Hofmann would be lucky to have broke even on the deal. They wanted hofmann to ship 2000 lbs. a day to them at a walmart like volume discount.

A customer use to be able to walk into the business and buy the hotdogs for the same price by the lb. as Heids would get.

Last edited:
Correct the sponsors dont get gate money thats a given but if Im shelling out a million or whatever the going rate is, I want a prime time tv spot on ESPN and would like some energy in the stadium with buts in the stands.