OT- CFB Book Suggestions? | Syracusefan.com

OT- CFB Book Suggestions?

pacusewife

Maker of Banners
In a never-ending effort to expand my knowledge of the sport I've come to love, I'm looking for suggestions of good books to read about college football. My local library has slim pickings and I'm reading Season of Saturdays right now, which is decent. I'm not super interested in reading entire books on specific coaches unless you feel there's some I really should. Thanks :)

ESPN College Football Encyclopedia: The Complete History of the Game
I got this as a Christmas gift it is a good book for new CFB fans.

ESPN College Football Encyclopedia: The Complete History of the Game
I got this as a Christmas gift it is a good book for new CFB fans.
I think I saw they have this at a library 20 min away or so. They're in our system so they'll ship it to me. I'll definitely check it out! Thanks!

I read Meat Market and enjoyed it.

Read this as well, it's pretty interesting. Focuses on recruiting.

I know it's not college, but anyone looking to get into books on football should read Friday Night Lights, if you haven't.

Read this as well, it's pretty interesting. Focuses on recruiting.

I know it's not college, but anyone looking to get into books on football should read Friday Night Lights, if you haven't.
That's on my list for sure as well.

Meat Market is a great story about Eddie O's time at Ole Miss and there is even a reference to recruiting at Syracuse under Coach P. I also enjoyed The System about the glory and scandal of college football.

Not books, but in your quest, make sure you watch Rudy and We Are Marshall.

pacusewife said:
In a never-ending effort to expand my knowledge of the sport I've come to love, I'm looking for suggestions of good books to read about college football. My local library has slim pickings and I'm reading Season of Saturdays right now, which is decent. I'm not super interested in reading entire books on specific coaches unless you feel there's some I really should. Thanks :)

Here's a couple of suggestions.

image-4007822741.jpg

image-1942210526.jpg

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer by Warren St. John. Been a few years since I read it. The book profiles diehard Alabama fans who travel to follow the team. It was a fun read not really one for educating yourself about the nuances of strategy but an enjoyable look at diehard fandom.

Yeah meat market for sure if you want to know about how crazy recruiting is/was.

Yeah meat market for sure if you want to know about how crazy recruiting is/was.
Recruiting is something I know little about so this could be interesting.

We had an X's and O's diagram meeting last night. Went over the position basics/responsibilities, different types of offense, theory behind Tampa 2, and what our offense tries to do. Have to say it was a productive meeting :)

We had an X's and O's diagram meeting last night. Went over the position basics/responsibilities, different types of offense, theory behind Tampa 2, and what our offense tries to do. Have to say it was a productive meeting :)
I thought you were just writing a love letter with hugs and kisses all over it. We may need a second class :D

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer by Warren St. John. Been a few years since I read it. The book profiles diehard Alabama fans who travel to follow the team. It was a fun read not really one for educating yourself about the nuances of strategy but an enjoyable look at diehard fandom.
This would have been my suggestion as well.

Saban still sucks.

pacusewife said:
I thought you were just writing a love letter with hugs and kisses all over it. We may need a second class :D

Get a room.

Not sure why I didn't assume that book existed. Or the photoshopped equivalent.