OT - Charlie Strong cleaning house in Texas | Syracusefan.com

OT - Charlie Strong cleaning house in Texas

Easier to do when you're Texas and the recruits lineup up to the Oklahoma border to play for you.

They aren't lining up like they used to though-both A&M and Baylor are kicking their ass right now in-state.

Rankings?

Something tells me that given the hundreds of D-1 athletes in the state of Texas and surrounding areas, and the immense resources at UT's disposal, they're not hurting for talent.

Scout has A&M 2nd and Texas 18th, TCU 25, TT 33 and Baylor 36. If you look at the 2015 rankings there for Texas- A&M has 6 of the top 10 and Texas' top kid is #11 in the state.

So I was wrong about Baylor, but it's not as though they are dominating the state, or that they have fans willing to wait for Strong to get them back in contention for the Natl Title.

I know all coaches want to clear out some "dead weight" to make room for their kids, but it's not like Strong can win 7-8 games his first 3 years and expect to keep his job.

So, kicks off guys from team rules violations, suspends 2 other for alleged sexual assault. Geuss what's not against the UT team rules?

I wish Charlie success. I liked him at Louisville. Alot of expectations on Texas. Gonna take a little bit of time to get his standards established

Last edited: