OT: chiefs player commits suicide at team facility | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: chiefs player commits suicide at team facility

Very sad story.

Can an NFL game be outright cancelled? Wouldn't it have to made up at some point - and since we're so late in the season and the teams don't have coinciding bye weeks, I feel like delaying it until Monday night is the only realistic option.
This makes sense. Delay it a day, let everybody try to recoup. Run it in local TV and the NFL Network.

Very sad story.

Can an NFL game be outright cancelled? Wouldn't it have to made up at some point - and since we're so late in the season and the teams don't have coinciding bye weeks, I feel like delaying it until Monday night is the only realistic option.
I hate to say it like this - but this game is meaningless. Neither team will make the playoffs, and the result is inconsequential in terms of the standings. If any game could be outright canceled, it's this one.

I hate to say it like this - but this game is meaningless. Neither team will make the playoffs, and the result is inconsequential in terms of the standings. If any game could be outright canceled, it's this one.
COULD be cancelled, yes, but you and I know it won't be. Maybe postponed, but not cancelled.

I disagree that it's meaningless. There are probably dozens if not hundreds of small businesses in Kansas City that rely heavily on business from the 8 home games per year to make ends meet.

I think the game should be played on Monday, and players and coaches should be given the option to miss the game if they're too emotionally distraught to handle it.

If we were talking about a 9/11 or Katrina type event in which the entire community was affected, then I would obviously say the game should be cancelled without question.

I disagree that it's meaningless. There are probably dozens if not hundreds of small businesses in Kansas City that rely heavily on business from the 8 home games per year to make ends meet.

I think the game should be played on Monday, and players and coaches should be given the option to miss the game if they're too emotionally distraught to handle it.

If we were talking about a 9/11 or Katrina type event in which the entire community was affected, then I would obviously say the game should be cancelled without question.
I would be surprised if Crenell and Pioli are there - if the reports are correct, Belcher thanked them and then killed himself right in front of them. Hard to get over something like that quickly.

I also think the Chiefs should start a college fund for the baby left parentless.

I also think the Chiefs should start a college fund for the baby left parentless.
Agreed - I would be very surprised if they didn't. Bet there will be a lot of donations to it also.

Here's a question - considering he murdered someone, do they have a moment of silence? I suppose they could have one for the "victims" in general. I know he was their friend and teammate, but it feels wrong to have a moment of silence for someone who killed the mother of his child.

When the news broke I went to his Wikipedia page to see who he was... everything was already in the past tense. lol

Also, this guy is a loser who doesn't deserve to have a moment of silence for him. He was a murderer.

Here's a question - considering he murdered someone, do they have a moment of silence? I suppose they could have one for the "victims" in general. I know he was their friend and teammate, but it feels wrong to have a moment of silence for someone who killed the mother of his child.
That's an interesting question. I guess they'll probably do something like your suggestion above. Still...