OT: Chip Kelly to Eagles per @mortreport (?) | Syracusefan.com

OT: Chip Kelly to Eagles per @mortreport (?)

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
@mortreport
Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.

mortreport Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.

So much for "teams like Oregon being immune to coaches leaving". I mean they got Nike money right?

Saw this too...just another coach leaving the college ranks for his "dream job"

Mort just said on ESPN that the door was left open with the Eagles and he had a change of heart. I'm sure he'll be compensated very well either way.

This proves that the NFL is just a different animal. And if you haven't ever been there before, you've got to give it a shot at least once.

I'm going to guess his deal puts him near the top of head coaching salaries in the NFL, no doubt!

what SU coaches does he take.. is that why no statements yet from SU..

Either that...or rumored sanctions are on the way.

Was thinking the same thing...he must have caught wind that the sanctions were coming sooner than later

@mortreport
Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.
just learned about this from an email from the eagles. i think this counts as the first time i've been surprised by news in a long time. usually there's a period of rumors that get your head into or out of something happening. he hasn't been in my head for two weeks. cool, let's do it!

Let's see how many Oregon coaches he brings with him...

It's not going to be the same thing for a few reasons.

1. He's bringing the OC unless he figures out a way to clone himself.
2. Chip Kelly doesn't care what happens to Oregon. He has no tie. School can take care of itself because it's at the top of the world right now.

The unfortunate part if you're Oregon is the timing. The fortunate part for Oregon is that you're a Top 5 program with tons of $.

Wait, where are all the posts bashing him for leaving this late in the season and leaving Oregon in the dark?

On the Oregon message boards.

Just like they were on here when Doug left.

Wait, where are all the posts bashing him for leaving this late in the season and leaving Oregon in the dark?

As I read elsewhere, as long as they have Nike's money, they'll be alright.

Kelly and Marrone are apples and oranges.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kelly and Marrone are apples and oranges.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Go to the Oregon boards, it's not that different. But with that said, I totally agree with you re apples and oranges.