OT: Clark's Ale House update | Syracusefan.com

OT: Clark's Ale House update

FAL

No comment.
Out-of-towners: this may not interest you, so my apologies in advance.

I was driving down I81 near downtown at lunchtime, so I decided to torture myself and see what, if any, progress is being made at the long anticipated re-opening of one of the best beer bars in the world. As I approached the corner of Washington Street from S. Salina, I noticed a couple of dim lights on--hmmm...??Luckily for me, there was a parking spot on Washington right next to the place. I jump out of my car, and look in. Lo and behold, there's two guys sitting at a table looking over some paperwork. One of them is Doug Clark (of Doug's Fish Fry fame) and the other guy is the proposed manager of the place (I've seen him on the news and in the paper.). So I yell through the window "When are you gonna open?" I had to yell 2 or three times before I was understood. Doug yells something back which I can't understand, so finally he holds up 3 fingers. I gave him a thumbs up, jumped back in my car, and drove away.

So there you have it: Clark's will be open in 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, or 3 years. You read it here first, folks! (PS: Don't bet against the IPF being open first.)

Out-of-towners: this may not interest you, so my apologies in advance.

I was driving down I81 near downtown at lunchtime, so I decided to torture myself and see what, if any, progress is being made at the long anticipated re-opening of one of the best beer bars in the world. As I approached the corner of Washington Street from S. Salina, I noticed a couple of dim lights on--hmmm...??Luckily for me, there was a parking spot on Washington right next to the place. I jump out of my car, and look in. Lo and behold, there's two guys sitting at a table looking over some paperwork. One of them is Doug Clark (of Doug's Fish Fry fame) and the other guy is the proposed manager of the place (I've seen him on the news and in the paper.). So I yell through the window "When are you gonna open?" I had to yell 2 or three times before I was understood. Doug yells something back which I can't understand, so finally he holds up 3 fingers. I gave him a thumbs up, jumped back in my car, and drove away.

So there you have it: Clark's will be open in 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, or 3 years. You read it here first, folks! (PS: Don't bet against the IPF being open first.)

LUCKY YOU...The last time I talked to JR. he held the 3 fingers down for me. Some good friends of my wife bought the Doug's in skinny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom