OT: Clemson building something insane... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Clemson building something insane...

Bowling Alley, Golf Simulator, Wiffle Ball Field and Nap Room...but not a single mention of a Tutoring room or Study room

Yeah, its all about the STUDENT athlete

Bowling Alley, Golf Simulator, Wiffle Ball Field and Nap Room...but not a single mention of a Tutoring room or Study room

Well, hopefully they already had enough of those...

We already have that in Vickery Hall.

What next - mani - pedis?
Lol although on that nfl hbo preseason show they featured the falcons two years ago and devantee freeman, the former fsu rb, was all about pedis

What next - mani - pedis?

Automated "Ball Cupper and Crank Cleaner" stations.

Ya know...to maximize the student athlete experience.

44PRIDE said:
Automated "Ball Cupper and Crank Cleaner" stations. Ya know...to maximize the student athlete experience.

Shakin in the Southland

why would it cost 50% more in Syracuse?

i figure wages and material costs are more. i doubt their laborers make prevailing wage and we likely have way more red tape.

why would it cost 50% more in Syracuse?

First of all, you have to grease the local politicians for the sudden zoning problems that always come up.
Then there's the kickbacks to the carpenters.
And if you plan on using any cement in this building, I'm sure the teamsters would like to have a little chat with you...and that'll cost you.
Don't forget a little something for the building inspectors.
There's the long-term costs, such as waste disposal.
I don't know if you're familiar with who runs that business...but I assure you it's not the boy scouts.
-Rodney Dangerfield

i figure wages and material costs are more. i doubt their laborers make prevailing wage and we likely have way more red tape.

Syracuse University doesn't pay prevailing wage either. Private is private. They traditionally run open shop. In addition, material costs would not be that different maybe 10% either way. That said, the company building the building DPR is top notch, I highly doubt they are using fly by night contractors to get it done. I doubt it's that different as most of the major contractors are probably from Atlanta area and maybe even union.

You know, the more I think about this...

What do you call a tub that fits 60 people?

A pool.
In fact, a 60 person bath tub, with people bathing sounds disgusting.

2012_10_03-exactly-what-you-think-it-is-2696.jpg

I hear they're putting this one in at Maryland's new practice facility.

Gentlemen - meeting at 3:00 P.M. on the badminton courts to pick teams for whiffle ball.

Gentlemen - meeting at 3:00 P.M. on the badminton courts to pick teams for whiffle ball.
Right after that, we'll be announcing the winner of the Nine-Wicket Croquet tournament!

Can't wait to hear about one of their players not suiting up due to a whiffle ball injury or eyesight impairment from being struck with a shuttlecock. Threw out his back on the virtual golf course. Didn't the Saints lose their kicker due to an axe injury in the locker room? Alla Rutgers he was "choppin' " and missed, striking himself in the leg with the axe?

Edit: it was the jags
Locker room prop costs Jaguars their punter

Definitely should help Clemson with their recruiting - you can't legally pay players but you can make their experience as good as possible. They and FSU are leading the pack in that way. And why not? It's 3 to 5 years almost literally of "blood, sweat, and tears".

• A nap room
Dabo: Deshaun, come on bud, it's time for your nap.
Deshaun: No, I'm not tired!
Dabo: You're clearly cranky and overtired, when you wake up we can play whiffleball.
Deshaun: OK fine! (grabs blanket and passive aggressively walks to Nap Room)

A wiffle ball field is not just a patch of grass and a couple coolers of beer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom