OT: Commercial about texting... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Commercial about texting...

I'm pretty much disgusted with some of the responses to this thread. I'm going to take a nice ride on my high horse and flat out state that if any of you are defending driving while impaired or texting, you're not just defending idiocy, you have a disturbing level of comfort with endangering yourself and others and should take a step back and pull your heads out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I saw some special on cable where they said talking on the phone may be equally as dangerous as any of those other things. Seemed like crap, but they had ppl in testing conditions doing all three and when you're on the phone you become so laser-focused on looking straight ahead that you notice nothing outside of what's immediately in front of you.

That's the entire point. It is a very, very dangerous thing to do and the vast majority of people cannot safely attempt to do it. BUT..it can be done safely . This is not true of drunk driving.
It has been shown that texting is worse than being drunk. Inattentiveness in any form can get you in trouble very quickly.
Even phone calls are taking attention away from your driving.

All people are not the same. To suggest no one can multitask is like saying no one can dunk if you grew up in a world of hobbits who played on a ten foot rim.
Give it up. Anyone texting while driving is stupid and endangering everyone else on the road.

No, it can't be done safely. If you are reading something in your lap, you're not watching the road. If you're not watching the road, you're not driving safely. I don't care how fast you think you can do it.

Devil's advocate in me wants to point out that there is this thing called voice to text. I find it's mechanic mispronunciations and failed recognitions amusing.

But, yea. I've laid on the horn when I noticed a dude drifting into my lane and I see has his head down driving with his knee and both hands on his phone.

I do it too sometimes coming home at 2am (as the only vehicle on a 4 lane highway) but no freaking way would I ever try it during daytime traffic, superstupid.

DNT TXT N DRV is a real PSA billboard about 500 feet from my house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom