OT: Crazy HS ending... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Crazy HS ending...

Was the one ref trying to signal the shot didn't count until he got hit by someone storming the court and then ran away like he was in a war zone???

Holy shite. unreal. It reminds me of when Hakim Warrick tossed the ball way into the air and there were still like 6 seconds left. I think it was against Notre Dame maybe.

ive watched this like 5 times in a row; i don't thinl he got it off...

Yeah, he was waving no then continued the motion to cover his head in fear.

He didn't get that shot off.

Edit: was supposed to quote Ghost's post.

Yeah, he was waving no then continued the motion to cover his head in fear.

He didn't get that shot off.

Edit: was supposed to quote Ghost's post.

Yup, I didn't think he did either - and it appeared that official was trying to say that as well.

2:43 clearly shows the ball out of his hand with .01 left on clock.

Craziest part was I thought my MacBook volume was going up by itself. I was like "whoa!"

Craziest part was I thought my MacBook volume was going up by itself. I was like "whoa!"

I thought the same thing when watching on my iPhone!

At the end they show several angles of the ball out of his hand with 0.1 on the clock. I also saw the one ref waving the shot off and then ducking for cover.

I was really surprise they changed the call at the end, although I does look like the correct call. In most situations like that they stick with the original call.

I thought the same thing when watching on my iPhone!

At the end they show several angles of the ball out of his hand with 0.1 on the clock. I also saw the one ref waving the shot off and then ducking for cover.

I was really surprise they changed the call at the end, although I does look like the correct call. In most situations like that they stick with the original call.

It appeared to me that they didn't look at a replay. I guess that is not allowed in HS but if the game is televised, like this one was, then they should use it.

It appeared to me that they didn't look at a replay. I guess that is not allowed in HS but if the game is televised, like this one was, then they should use it.

I have never been to that particular arena, I have driven by it quite a few times, at first I was wondering if they had a video board the officials may have peaked at, but it looks like the huddled up as somehow figured it out. If you watch the end of the clip they show several replays that seem to confirm that the officials made the correct call in the end.

I have never been to that particular arena, I have driven by it quite a few times, at first I was wondering if they had a video board the officials may have peaked at, but it looks like the huddled up as somehow figured it out. If you watch the end of the clip they show several replays that seem to confirm that the officials made the correct call in the end.

No I agree they made the right call but unless I missed it they didn't avail themselves of the tv broadcast replay. Like I said previously, maybe that is not acceptable in HS hoops.

No I agree they made the right call but unless I missed it they didn't avail themselves of the tv broadcast replay. Like I said previously, maybe that is not acceptable in HS hoops.

So few HS games are televised I don't know what the specific rule is for officials watching a replay...

That is nuts. That is the craziest finish i have ever seen.

Couple things: check out the replay and watch one of the refs running off the floor- where the hell is he goin'? Also, it may not have been consequential given the wierd turn of events but will nobody ever learn from rick pitino about covering the inbounder? Particularly when it looked like the inbounder couldn't move.

Especially since the inbounder ends up being the guy to hit the shot!