OT: Deion/Shedeur Outburst | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Deion/Shedeur Outburst

Didn’t he personally choose these players though and had already jettisoned most of the previous year’s team for the same reason? Seems that he should be looking in the mirror and figuring out where his player evaluation skills, recruiting decisions went haywire.Just my uninformed opinion.
Bingo

Didn’t he personally choose these players though and had already jettisoned most of the previous year’s team for the same reason? Seems that he should be looking in the mirror and figuring out where his player evaluation skills, recruiting decisions went haywire.Just my uninformed opinion.

I'm not a fan of Dieon's style, but... FACTS MATTER.

Xavier Smith was at CU before Dieon was hired after the 1-11 season in 2022. Dieon did not bring him in.

Xavier Smith hit the portal following spring ball in 2023. He transferred to Austin Peay which tells me he was/is not a P5 talent.

Then Xavier Smith hit the portal again in December 2023 following only one season at Austin Peay. Is this Dieon's fault too or is the young man of part problem?

Xavier is now at UTEP. Again, not at a P4 (formerly P5) program. Before committing to CU, young Mr. smith had offers from Liberty, Middle Tennessee State, Tennessee State and Army. Colorado was his only P5 offer.
Deion wasn't the only one who didn't think this young man could play at the P5 level. Maybe every P5 coach was wrong and needs to look in the mirror.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Dieon's style, but... FACTS MATTER.

Xavier Smith was at CU before Dieon was hired after the 1-11 season in 2022. Dieon did not bring him in.

Xavier Smith hit the portal following spring ball in 2023. He transferred to Austin Peay which tells me he was/is not a P5 talent.

Then Xavier Smith hit the portal again in December 2023 following only one season at Austin Peay. Is this Dieon's fault too or is the young man part problem?

Xavier is now at UTEP. Again, not at a P4 (formerly P5) program. Before committing to CU, young Mr. smith had offers from Liberty, Middle Tennessee State, Tennessee State and Army. Colorado was his only P5 offer.
Deion wasn't the only one who didn't think this young man could play at the P5 level. Maybe every P5 coach was wrong and needs to look in the mirror.

Okay, sure. There's still no need for Shedeur to reply and Deion to do the same.

You are the figurehead of a program. Act like one.

It’s funny to read some of these comments because he was like the second coming of Jesus on the board early last year. All the talk of how lucky the school would be get a coach like Deion
I find it funny to read your comment when I’ve never had positive things to say about Deion and Colorado.

Last edited:
I find it funny to read your comment when I’ve never had positive things to say about Deion and Colorado.
Imagine thinking a general comment is about you. It must be nice to live a world where you’re the only person “some on this board” could possibly be referring to. Don’t flatter yourself, you just happened to be the comment I clicked on.

Okay, sure. There's still no need for Shedeur to reply and Deion to do the same.

This is what I’m saying.

The article is kind of garbage. It’s literally what Fran is doing. Overhauling a roster that is not deep or good enough to win games.

That being said Shedeur and Prime should NOT be stoking the fire with any comments.

Deion is a tremendous POS. Always was. Tim McCarver was right when he questioned his manhood when he tossed water on him after the braves playoff game.

Never got why everyone fell in love with a carnival freak. He's a bad guy. HOF player, 10 cent person
Hah I remember that. I grew to think McCarver was an arrogant tool but it was very revealing that while celebrating an NLCS series win Deion was focused on settling a perceived beef with an announcer who said something on air he didn’t like.

Prime Time’s act always eventually wears thin.

Imagine thinking a general comment is about you. It must be nice to live a world where you’re the only person “some on this board” could possibly be referring to. Don’t flatter yourself, you just happened to be the comment I clicked on.
It really takes a special kind of person to direct quote my post and then blame me for responding. You are really a piece of work. But I guess I shouldn’t expect anything less from the board know it all.

And you’ve been promoted to the ignore list because I have zero interest in dealing with your crappy attitude again.

Last edited:
Shadeur will be a team killer, especially at the position he wants to play.

Deion was also a team killer, but he played a position that you could afford someone like him acting the way he does. WR & CB are the two for me.

No shot his kid gets picked anywhere near as high as his talent may suggest he should. And to be frank, I don't even know how his game would translate to the NFL.

Tim Green wrote in one of his books (I think it was "Dark Side of the Game") that Deion was a fantastic teammate and one of the most intelligent, business savvy guys he's ever known. People occasionally think "I don't like that guy" means "his teammates must not like that guy". While frequently its true, its also frequently not. Deion appears to be a case where its not.

I don't like Deion. I don't like Belichick. I don't like Saban. That gives me lots of reason to think being a great guy that a person like me would like has absolutely no correlation to success in coaching football. I don't know that Deion will reach the coaching success of the other two - but I'm not going to conclude he won't because he's a guy I personally don't like.

I think there's a lot of sound and fury here that signifies nothing.

DS is the adult and as a professional should take the high road and not comment. The kids bantering though seems pretty normal.

DS is the adult and as a professional should take the high road and not comment. The kids bantering though seems pretty normal.
What has Shedeur accomplished?

His team went 4-8 last year. You're the QB, so you're the face of the team. It's a bad look to be "bantering" guys that were a part of your team that were just giving an honest interview to a reporter.

So the guy who called himself Prime Time as an adult because of a HS basketball game turns out to be a narcissistic egomaniac? - Yeah, never saw that coming.

The main thing that makes this seem stupid is how bad they did last season and how poorly their current recruiting efforts are going. This is the cockiness of a coach with everything he is managing looking A OK. It is clearly far from that at Colorado right now and everyone can see it! We have a coach who is making massive plays but staying humble and hungry. Do not take it for granted

Hah I remember that. I grew to think McCarver was an arrogant tool but it was very revealing that while celebrating an NLCS series win Deion was focused on settling a perceived beef with an announcer who said something on air he didn’t like.

Prime Time’s act always eventually wears thin.
I had some interactions with McCarver in Cooperstown, and he was an arrogant tool. Doesn't mean he was wrong about Prime though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom