OT: derrick rose | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: derrick rose

Rose is definitely not a top half PG. He's got a 51% true shooting, and he's one of the worst defensive PG in the league.

Real plus minus, take it for what it's worth, they rank 86 PG, Rose is 60th. 73rd out of 86 defensively. (Which makes him, somehow, not the worst defensive PG on his team)

No way is Rose, when healthy, a bottom third starting PG in the NBA. I'd put him in the 10 to 15 range.

Based on this, I would assume that you're of the belief that he still isn't healthy and hasn't been healthy in the past 5 years.

If you think he's healthy now, there's simply no way you can possibly believe this. He's an inefficient scorer, a poor passer, and a hilariously terrible defender. He's definitely among the worst starters in the NBA. There's probably a few backups that I'd say are better than Rose too.

Rose is a huge upgrade over what the Knicks had last season. He will continue to improve as his health improves. Of course, he will never get back to the MVP level, but he should be a slightly above average to well above average PG unless he gets hurt again. Knicks have been right there, and have lost around 4 winnable games of their last 8 or so in the final 10 secs. The end of lat night's game was sad - a Melo iso play. This should no longer be happening. Knicks should be emphasizing ball movement and letting the open man try to hit the game winner. Melo goes hot and cold now, but simply is no longer the player he once was. Of course, you can hardly put it all on Melo when the D doesn't get it done in crunchtime. Very strange game for Melo - he sets all-time Knick record witha 25 point 2nd quarter & basically can't do anything else for the other three quarters. Part of that could have been because Knicks played 4 games in 5 nights. Knicks will have tough decision with Rose in off season. He will be seeking max deal. He is no longer worth that, but unless a better option emerges the Knicks may have to sign him or really drop back & punt into full rebuild mode.

Rose is a huge upgrade over what the Knicks had last season. He will continue to improve as his health improves. Of course, he will never get back to the MVP level, but he should be a slightly above average to well above average PG unless he gets hurt again. Knicks have been right there, and have lost around 4 winnable games of their last 8 or so in the final 10 secs. The end of lat night's game was sad - a Melo iso play. This should no longer be happening. Knicks should be emphasizing ball movement and letting the open man try to hit the game winner. Melo goes hot and cold now, but simply is no longer the player he once was. Of course, you can hardly put it all on Melo when the D doesn't get it done in crunchtime. Very strange game for Melo - he sets all-time Knick record witha 25 point 2nd quarter & basically can't do anything else for the other three quarters. Part of that could have been because Knicks played 4 games in 5 nights. Knicks will have tough decision with Rose in off season. He will be seeking max deal. He is no longer worth that, but unless a better option emerges the Knicks may have to sign him or really drop back & punt into full rebuild mode.

The end of the game, Melo drove and kicked and then nobody pulled the trigger on taking a jumper and Wall ended up taking the ball.

Unless you mean the possession before where Melo missed a jumper...which given what happened on the following possession and who else they had on the court, was not a bad shot.

The end of the game, Melo drove and kicked and then nobody pulled the trigger on taking a jumper and Wall ended up taking the ball.

Unless you mean the possession before where Melo missed a jumper...which given what happened on the following possession and who else they had on the court, was not a bad shot.

Yeah, Lee needed to shoot that corner 3. Melo made the right play. I think Lee said something about the Wizards' assistant coach standing next to him (on the court!) saying something that threw him off and made him think the pump fake was the right move.

Yeah, Lee needed to shoot that corner 3. Melo made the right play. I think Lee said something about the Wizards' assistant coach standing next to him (on the court!) saying something that threw him off and made him think the pump fake was the right move.

Yeah, hopefully if true, that assistant receives a nice suspension and fine.

Yeah, the coach also appeared to basically deny Lee from passing it back to Melo when he drove after the pump fake too. Not good.

Yes, that is the possession I am referencing because the Knicks could have taken the lead. Last possession they were looking for a desperation trey just to tie. Not sure why the Wiz's didn't foul being up three.

Besides the coach on the court issue, Knicks have been plagued by bad reffing. In one of the losses there was supposedly a 5 sec violation that wasn't called & in another I think there was a foul situation that wasn't called. Refs owe the knicks about three games. I assume coach on the court should have been a T plus Knicks ball.

Yes, that is the possession I am referencing because the Knicks could have taken the lead. Last possession they were looking for a desperation trey just to tie. Not sure why the Wiz's didn't foul being up three.

Besides the coach on the court issue, Knicks have been plagued by bad reffing. In one of the losses there was supposedly a 5 sec violation that wasn't called & in another I think there was a foul situation that wasn't called. Refs owe the knicks about three games. I assume coach on the court should have been a T plus Knicks ball.

The 5 second one was against the Bucks. Giannis had his back to the basket for like 5.3 seconds before hitting the winning jumper. Refs simply will never call it when it's that close. Also, Melo was illegally parked in the paint defensively before that, so even if the refs had gotten the calls correct, the play would have been blown dead before the 5 second violation occurred.

its worth pointing out the Knicks were due for some regression in close games, they were somehting like 15-10 with a negative scoring margin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom