OT: Did Teo have an agent prior to BCS game? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Did Teo have an agent prior to BCS game?

cuseincincy

All Conference
Now this could just be me reading something into this that is not there but in Forde's article he quotes Swarbrick:
"I met with Brian and Ottilia Te'o in Miami on the 5th to share with them the essence of those findings. We left that meeting with an understanding that they would think about what they had heard, engaged Manti's future representation, which would be determined later in the week, in consultation as to how to best respond, and keep the university fully informed of their intentions and work in concert with us when they were ready to communicate the story..."

Maybe the use of a past tense "engaged" is confusing me but if the Teo's consulted with an agent, even if they had not hired him yet, on how to handle this then IMO Teo had an agent. I guess "representation" could also mean lawyer which would be allowed I believe (many agents are lawyers and I think that is a blurred line). Nobody is doing Teo any favors at this point including his family. I heard today that his family apparently are media whores and are frequently on the radio in Salt Lake trying to be psuedo celebrities. I also think this could come back to haunt Swarbrick because apparently other Domer administrators wanted to address this immediately. Waiting to let the Teo's (and Deadspin) do it is in hindsight a colossal mistake.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...ory-about-fictional-girlfriend-175521027.html