OT - Donnie Webb Article | Syracusefan.com

OT - Donnie Webb Article

Dadarules

Walk On
I have always been a big Donnie Webb fan when he did the SU football - he just did an article on an 11-year old girl on the Southside baseball team I help coach that is dominant.

As a matter of fact I have to pass on that anyone here that knows Mr. Boots, he is quoted on her (they are very good friends) in the article. He said, "If someone says you throw like a girl at Southside, we take it as a compliment." This is a great summer sports story and Donnie did a great job in how he put it together.

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2012/06/girl_pitcher_strikes_out_19_pr.html

No offense to Nolan, I really miss Donnie Webb he was just a better writer. Times change in the business. My wife is an editor and writer for a paper and she is expected to update her website, twitter, and facebook everyday. Dont blame Donnie for not wanting to be a part of the new media world.

I agree - and again no offense to Nolan. I always liked Donnie's writing. His story on the 11 year old has been picked up by DeadSpin (22,000 views in the first 24 hours), Huffington Post, MSN NOW, the Bleacher Report and a bunch more already. Hpoefully that translates to something good for him too.

I have always been a big Donnie Webb fan when he did the SU football - he just did an article on an 11-year old girl on the Southside baseball team I help coach that is dominant.

As a matter of fact I have to pass on that anyone here that knows Mr. Boots, he is quoted on her (they are very good friends) in the article. He said, "If someone says you throw like a girl at Southside, we take it as a compliment." This is a great summer sports story and Donnie did a great job in how he put it together.

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2012/06/girl_pitcher_strikes_out_19_pr.html

UGH... Southside American. Maybe, still the team I hate the most.

I played for Jamesville and we had a great team. We lost 2 straight years in the final 4 to SSA. They had a great latino pitcher. He beat us both years. In my 2nd year playing them, I flied out to deep CF in my 2nd to last AB and K'd for the 2nd out in the 6th. 1 of the worst sports feelings of my life. I was 12ish. Still stings.

UGH... Southside American. Maybe, still the team I hate the most.

I played for Jamesville and we had a great team. We lost 2 straight years in the final 4 to SSA. They had a great latino pitcher. He beat us both years. In my 2nd year playing them, I flied out to deep CF in my 2nd to last AB and K'd for the 2nd out in the 6th. 1 of the worst sports feelings of my life. I was 12ish. Still stings.

Southside American!!! My team won the District 8 team tournament and all stars tournament when I was 12. We're talking like '94 or '95. Lots of talent has come up thru the southside of Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom