Doug Marrone may be Fired by Jax; Replaced by Coughlin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone may be Fired by Jax; Replaced by Coughlin

Pretty sure that the Bills signed Taylor after Marrone left the organization.
They did. Taylor started with Rex Ryan.
Marrone had Kyle Orton that extra year.

The Jags built a run-first and defense team. That simply is not the formula to win in the NFL now. It won't matter who is coaching. They will fail.

The Jags not making a move to upgrade at QB was baffling at the time, and baffling in hindsight.

That roster seemingly has everything it needed to contend for the Superbowl... accept for a QB that wasn't a total liability.

Dunno... The effectiveness of the defense is night and day compared to last year. You go from best D in the league and ride it to the division championship to an undisciplined penalty machine.

It's a bit baffling really.

Only guess is these guys are pros and know they can't carry the offense again this year and that lack of belief shows in their effort...

Either way, giving bottles 19 mil instead of getting a proper QB was never going to end well.

The Jags built a run-first and defense team. That simply is not the formula to win in the NFL now. It won't matter who is coaching. They will fail.
They were some smarter clock management away from making a Superbowl last season.

Wait. I’ve been told multiple times on this board that Marrone is a genius. What gives?

Please quote one thread saying Marrone is a genius. You’ve been told it multiple times so it should be easy to find one.

It won't be because he can't coach, and I doubt he's worried.

He left the Giants bitter that the org gave up on him.

If he fires Marrone, he is potentially far more arrogant than how we think of Doug.

Giants should then hire Marrone

Giants should then hire Marrone

As you are an Eagles fan, I would root for that if I were you as well. (Ha Ha)

I can’t ever see Marrone as a HC in NYC. He’s from the area, but it would be a bad match.

We will gladly take him in Cincinnati, 16 years of Marvin has been like living in purgatory...

Especially when their star RB essentially misses 11 games.

As you are an Eagles fan, I would root for that if I were you as well. (Ha Ha)

I can’t ever see Marrone as a HC in NYC. He’s from the area, but it would be a bad match.

I am pretty sure that the Giants job is the one he would take in a heartbeat - if he is actually out in Jacksonville.

He is a tough guy - NY likes tough guys.

He is a pound the ground game kind of guy - an OL guy - NY likes that style of play.

I guess he might be a bit thin skinned - that might not work in NYC.

I gather some on this Board are pleased with the trouble he has had this year and with the prospect of him losing his job.

That's not how I feel.

He is a Syracuse guy and I want him to be successful.

He did a great job last year. And he has been crushed with injuries this year.

If he is replaced I suspect that that will have more to do with Tom Coughlin wanting to return to the sidelines than anything else.

Last edited:
Marrone gave away the AFC Title game last year and its been all down hill from there. How he lets Jalen Ramsey run his mouth and hasn't put a stop to that or at least gotten that in check some shows he has no control of the team. In Buffalo he was too strict in he was bitching at players for wearing the wrong socks in meetings. Now he has swung to the other end and has zero control.

He will have a nice life in the NFL as an Offensive Coordinator for many years. But this was probably has last shot at being an NFL Head Coach if Coughlin fires him.
No way he doesn't get another shot at HC. No way. He was the coach of the year last year.

No way he doesn't get another shot at HC. No way. He was the coach of the year last year.

Not sure how this myth started, because you’re not the first to say it...

But no, he wasn’t coach of the year last year.

McVay won it.

Last edited:
He's replacement level. I don't know why any team in the market for a coach now would go to him. He needs to go back to a good team with a good dynamic offensive HC as OC. Maybe someone gets fooled into thinking he's changed after that.

He's replacement level. I don't know why any team in the market for a coach now would go to him. He needs to go back to a good team with a good dynamic offensive HC as OC. Maybe someone gets fooled into thinking he's changed after that.
I could see a stupid team like the Buccaneers, Redskins or Jets giving Marrone another chance.
He is good at looking at his opponent and game planning for his team a plan to win. Marrone is just an awful coach at getting his players disciplined and making the proper in-game aggressive/conservative calls right.

Last edited:
I could see a stupid team like the Buccaneers, Redskins or Jets giving Marrone another chance.
He is good at looking at his opponent and game planning for his team a plan to win. Marrone is just an awful coach at getting his players disciplined and making the proper in-game aggressive/conservative calls right.

he was one play away from getting the jags to the superbowl last year. he isn't as bad as the record shows this year. Jags should stick with him and get a real qb and see how things are after that. The desire to switch coaches so quickly after one dud of a season is crazy.

I remember yahoos on WEEI wondering about Belichick in year 1 when he won 5 games.

he was one play away from getting the jags to the superbowl last year. he isn't as bad as the record shows this year. Jags should stick with him and get a real qb and see how things are after that. The desire to switch coaches so quickly after one dud of a season is crazy.

I remember yahoos on WEEI wondering about Belichick in year 1 when he won 5 games.
You have watched the Jags play right?
They make a TON of stupid personal foul penalties and completely undisciplined. Marrone is not Belichick.

The Boston media is off the charts stupid. They pollute the airwaves to get traffic. While Francesca can be annoying he is a treasure for NYC sports fans he doesn’t troll his audience.

No.

He's a very good HC.

He has been hurt by injury issues this year, but he is a very solid HC.