OT - Dr. Cox (aka John C. McGinley) is a Big Cuse Fan | Syracusefan.com

OT - Dr. Cox (aka John C. McGinley) is a Big Cuse Fan

shandeezy7

Living Legend
"The Academy Awards used to be on the same night as the NCAA championships, and [in 1987] Syracuse played Indiana. Since I went to Syracuse, I didn't go out to the Academy Awards. I chose to stay to home with a bunch of other broke New York actors," McGinley said. "We flicked back and forth between the Syracuse game and Oliver, for the four awards the film would win. So was it validating? Sure. But not enough to want to miss the Syracuse game." McGinley, who attended SU's Newhouse School for one year in the early '80s, currently plays baseball broadcaster Red Barber in the Jackie Robinson biopic "42.

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainme...all_oscars_42_movie.html#incart_river_default

Wait, Dr. Cox went to Syracuse?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Wait, Dr. Cox went to Syracuse?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Yeah, and has had some decent roles over the years too. Oliver Stone has cast him in several movies, including opposite (sort of) another SU alum in Any Given Sunday.

Yeah, and has had some decent roles over the years too. Oliver Stone has cast him in several movies, including opposite (sort of) another SU alum in Any Given Sunday.
Agreed. He's a very good actor. One of my favorites.

He was in Wall Street and he was awesome in that movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom