OT: Embiid leaving | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Embiid leaving

I laugh at these players and analysts talk about stay vs go and "its my dream to play in the nba".

Bottom line is money. Thats it. If the #1 pick in the draft only made $150,000 and it was scaled down from there noone would leave college. Not one.

I want one kid to come out and say "I want to get paid" because thats all it is. Its not a "dream". Its not to "play with the best players in the world." Its money. Thats it. Unarguable

It could be saying it is my dream to play in the NBA is the politically correct way of saying I'm Rich B!tch(Rick James voice)

It could be saying it is my dream to play in the NBA is the politically correct way of saying I'm Rich B!tch(Rick James voice)

It just drives me crazy with the lies. Stop saying its your dream because its not. If it was your dream then you would play for $50,000 a year because you are fulfilling your dream. I want to punch someone when I hear this come out of their mouth.

I think "playing in the nba" is shorthand for "getting paid a ton of money to play against the best players in the world"

Bottom line is money. Thats it. If the #1 pick in the draft only made $150,000 and it was scaled down from there noone would leave college. Not one.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Some kids just don't want to go to college. Does the money play a role? Of course, it's a massive role. I'm sure it's the most important factor. But I'm sure there are baseball draftees out of high school who end up passing on college to play in the minors for bonuses of les than $150,000.

Why not? I think he could be at least that good someday even though he hasn't done as much in college.

Huh? Someone above compared him to Oden, aka the next big bust who can't stay on the court. I disagree.

I think "playing in the nba" is shorthand for "getting paid a ton of money to play against the best players in the world"

I'm not sure I agree with that. Some kids just don't want to go to college. Does the money play a role? Of course, it's a massive role. I'm sure it's the most important factor. But I'm sure there are baseball draftees out of high school who end up passing on college to play in the minors for bonuses of les than $150,000.

Its all about the money. Its always about the money. Baseball is different. With basketball its 1000000% about getting paid and thats it. If the maximum salary Joel Embid or Jabari Parker could earn their first year was $100,000 they wouldnt even sniff leaving college. Crazy to think otherwise.

Its all about the money. Its always about the money. Baseball is different. With basketball its 1000000% about getting paid and thats it. If the maximum salary Joel Embid or Jabari Parker could earn their first year was $100,000 they wouldnt even sniff leaving college. Crazy to think otherwise.

Not totally sure why baseball is absolutely different.
I don't know Embiid or Parker at all, you may be right about them. Or you may be wrong. But I don't agree with the idea that every single kid would stay in college. I'm sure most would stay longer because money is, like I said, the overwhelming factor, as it should be. It has the potential to be life changing money.
But I still think some kids would leave early.

Not totally sure why baseball is absolutely different.
I don't know Embiid or Parker at all, you may be right about them. Or you may be wrong. But I don't agree with the idea that every single kid would stay in college. I'm sure most would stay longer because money is, like I said, the overwhelming factor, as it should be. It has the potential to be life changing money.
But I still think some kids would leave early.

Money for one is different. Lots more to pass out in the NBA.

Please for the love of god change the rule to 20 years old or let these kids go straight to the NBA from high school.

Money for one is different. Lots more to pass out in the NBA.

Please for the love of god change the rule to 20 years old or let these kids go straight to the NBA from high school.

You're gonna get the first one pretty soon I bet.

sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kansas-center-joel-embiid-to-enter-nba-draft-070907289.html

Guess this can put to rest he would possibly stay. With McGary's situation it's a smart move, wonder how much the back is going affect his draft position.

Oden walked around like an old man before the draft and he still got taken. Smart move for Embid to cash in before his back is shot.

I laugh at these players and analysts talk about stay vs go and "its my dream to play in the nba".

I want one kid to come out and say "I want to get paid" because thats all it is. Its not a "dream". Its not to "play with the best players in the world." Its money. Thats it. Unarguable

I agree, and the NBA has been moving in that direction for years. Remember when NBA rookies would hold out for monster contracts, and it was always a waiting game for one of the top guys to sign, and then he would be the domino that would set the other players' salary offers for that draft class? I guess that's probably a long time ago, now, but that's what all the sports leagues have been doing in their collective bargaining agreements for the past decade or more - institute a rookie salary scale, push rookie salaries down, make them get to their second contract to get a chance at a truly big payday.