Class of 2021 - OT Enrique A. Cruz Jr (IL) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OT Enrique A. Cruz Jr (IL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. Catching Cuse when its blue sky and nice out. Hopefully they swing over for some Dino barbecue. Hopefully our new croots are pinging him as well.

The campus is really beautiful in the summer. I think COVID is helping to drive more players to do their visits in the summer. This definitely helps teams in the north. A bunch of coaches of teams in cold locations have mentioned it.

This guy should be our #1 priority now. Need some athletic Tackles. Hope the commits, including our new QB, are pitching it.

There are currently no official visits. The NCAA is still not allowing on campus contact. These kids and family are all taking visits on their own.

Thanks.

I posted this tweet in the crane thread the other day...and never caught the connection. Where is the emoji for chagrined Twitter Wizard.
Dock CuseLegacy a day's pay for napping on the job.

CL he was quoting I believe a line from Blazing Saddles if I am not mistaken. It's a hilarious Mel Brooks movie and a funny scene. Watch a clip and you will understand the context as it was said to you.

Edit: Though if you don't find Mel Brooks funny than I may need to qualify my comment.

Right near the library. The stair case leading down towards Marshall.
To be more precise, this picture was tsken on University Place, between Comstock and College Place.

It appears to have been taken just behind the guard shack that prevents car access to University Place, facing West, down the hill. I think you can just make out Goldstein on the immediate right. I believe that staircase on the left is one of the main entrances to campus from University Ave. the victims of the PAn Am bombing are honored here and the Hall of Languages welcomes visitors to the campus to the south.

Far in the distance is Onondaga Valley. With all the tall buildings built west and north of the university, it has become tougher and tougher to get views of the valley. This is one that remains.

For those that have not been on campus for a while, University Place has been closed to vehicle traffic for a while now. Pedestrians only now. It has been covered with bricks and looks very nice.

Interested in others' thoughts, but obviously he has excellent size. He's rangy and he has long arms. His film shows quick feet ... and once he gets stronger it looks like he could easily play between 290-300 (6-6). Reminds me of Servais. Love to see him in Orange.

Last edited:
Enrique is the type of talent we need on our O-line. Would be a major major win for us. And by all accounts a great kid from a great family. Lets get him HCDB. Lets go Orange!!!!

Villa Park and Glen Ellyn are basically 10 mins apart from each other but could not be anymore different in terms of towns. VP is definitely more blue collar and GE is a posh burb. Cruz and Hoeh would make quite the Chicago burb OL connection from different sides of the tracks.

Really would like to lock this kid and the Cooper kid.

Ditto.

Do that, and we really have stockpiled nice talent on BOTH lines in this class.

Villa Park and Glen Ellyn are basically 10 mins apart from each other but could not be anymore different in terms of towns. VP is definitely more blue collar and GE is a posh burb. Cruz and Hoeh would make quite the Chicago burb OL connection from different sides of the tracks.
Looks like Villa Park is about 23 miles from Glenbrook North HS. Glenbrook is where John Hughes went to HS. He used it for filming "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "The Breakfast Club".

So far, no future SU OL from there. Let's keep getting Chicago area OL and complete the hat trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom