OT: Entering the BE From The Navy Perspective | Syracusefan.com

OT: Entering the BE From The Navy Perspective

I know we don't really care anymore but if you like ready this type of stuff as a college FB fan...this bloggers take is pretty informative.

http://thebirddog.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/changing-course-part-4-faq/
It was an interesting read. I think the New Big East is going to be a tough football league. Like its predecessor, it will be consistently underrated. I expect Boise St will struggle to get 10 wins a season...the travel and physical nature of the league will make it harder for them to enjoy the same level of success they have been enjoying recently.

Will there be enough money to keep running these football programs and get competitive/stay competitive with facilities? Will there be sufficient fan interest? Can the New Big East do the same amazing job of rehabilitating lesser programs to national relevance?

What hurts the big east is that it's a transient league and everyone football wise is always looking to get out. I agree that it will be a tough conference that will always be underrated.

It's going to take time to develop meaningful rivalries especially if schools depart for other Conferences (whcih is always going to be an issue). In the meantime, the Big East will live off it's basketball wing from a fan perspective imo. Travel costs are going to be a headache for AD's particularly for the minor sports. Glad we are not a part of it, despite what we are giving up with the BET.

Good Point on the Finances T.C.
Do you see a lot of fans traveling to Boise or Visa-Versa :oops:

Good Point on the Finances T.C.
Do you see a lot of fans traveling to Boise or Visa-Versa :oops:
The only old time BE school that travelled was WVU. Syracuse was a distant second. If almost no one from Pitt, UConn or RU could make a trip to Syracuse, I don't see many traveling to Boise. There aren't many people in Boise, I don't many want to travel to East Hartford or Piscataway.

Was pleasantly surprised to see I could fly round trip from Syracuse to Boise in September for less than $500. Too bad we will be gone by the time Boise joins the conference. I would have gone for sure for a price like that.