OT: ESPN Looking To Evolve Into a Pay Service? | Syracusefan.com

OT: ESPN Looking To Evolve Into a Pay Service?

As long as they fix the WatchESPN app, I'll be happy. The rewind/ff is so bad, it's embarrassing.
Screen’s black with any RW or FF, there is no slo-mo, and they don’t provide any breaks so you can go to marks rather than FF’ing. Lots of room for improvement, although I’m getting used to it.

its very hard to stream live content which is why it buffers so much more than things like netflix do. they have breaks but it depends on the device.

As long as they fix the WatchESPN app, I'll be happy. The rewind/ff is so bad, it's embarrassing.

Are you sure that feature is app-specific?

I have both Apple TV and Roku and the RR/FF function is not the same on both. One is terrible (I think Apple) and one is not so bad.

Are you sure that feature is app-specific?

I have both Apple TV and Roku and the RR/FF function is not the same on both. One is terrible (I think Apple) and one is not so bad.

On the computer, mobile and through Amazon Fire Stick, it seems to be the same. Amazon's a little better. My feeling is that it should be on par with a DVR or even Youtube.

If ESPN became a Netflix stand alone I would be happy.
I wouldn’t have to pay for it on my DirecTV Bill every month.
I wouldn’t pay for the service except from September to March and cancel it the rest.
I could care less for anything on ESPN except games.

I wouldn’t pay for the service except from September to March and cancel it the rest.
This pretty much...I do like watching some baseball as a diversion in the summer. If their fee was $10-15 a month probably would just keep it though since I do watch Lax through May.

This pretty much...I do like watching some baseball as a diversion in the summer. If their fee was $10-15 a month probably would just keep it though since I do watch Lax through May.

I drop ESPN in the summer and add HBO from April till I get done with anything I'd missed. The people in favor of "one bundle to rule them all" can still have that - the cord cutters just wanted more freedom. It's save our family a little money too.

Of course if net neutrality dies today, the ISP will be making their money back in new and horrendous ways.

I would guess that they'd make it tough to cancel for the true summer months. They've got to know just by ratings that other than sunday night baseball they aren't doing much for june and july

Hardly ever have issues streaming live with the WatchESPN App on my Roku, then again I do use a ethernet connection rather than wireless.

This makes sense. With Disney buying those Fox properties they have so much content. They can easily turn themselves into a sports Netflix. Though any ISP with competing properties could make that harder in some markets.

This could be incredible for the ACC Network and ESPN’s ability to bundle us with YES and the other RSN’s.

Last edited:
ESPN has always been a pay service.

ESPN has always been a pay service.
ESPN has been scamming people with cable that don’t like sports.
It costs 7 dollars a month even if you
Don’t watch it.
They had been getting that from millions of people who didn’t use it before they cut the cord.
This Disney deal is them trying to copy Netflix and charge more than 7 bucks a month but designed for sports fans only who don’t have cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom