OT - Faegan's | Syracusefan.com

OT - Faegan's

AccuRater

2nd String
For the past several years we have been stopping into Faegan's before each game. Decent selection of craft beers. Friendly and professional staff. OK food. We have never checked out any other place in the area. However, based on 3-4 stops this year it appears they have slipped.

So my question is: Is there another bar with a decent selection of craft beers that you would recommend? Needs to be within walking distance of the Dome. Food is kind of important. But there are a number of food places around. Craft beers and atmosphere are critical. Any recommendations?

One of my boys got punched in the face at Faegan's for making fun of New Jersey. Classy joint.

For the past several years we have been stopping into Faegan's before each game. Decent selection of craft beers. Friendly and professional staff. OK food. We have never checked out any other place in the area. However, based on 3-4 stops this year it appears they have slipped.

So my question is: Is there another bar with a decent selection of craft beers that you would recommend? Needs to be within walking distance of the Dome. Food is kind of important. But there are a number of food places around. Craft beers and atmosphere are critical. Any recommendations?

No; that's the only reason Faegan's does such great business (since, as you note, they leave something to be desired on a couple levels).

I prefer DJ's (where the new Maggie's was located); they have more taps than Chuck's does (maybe a dozen) and they have decent food. But their selection has got nothing on Faegan's as far as quality goes.

Very few bars within quick walking distance of the Dome, unfortunately, and only Faegan's seems to care about good beer.

Suppose you could try Dolce Vita on Irving and Genesee. Or Phoebe's, right across the street. Depends on what your definition of "walking distance" is (they're ~15 minutes from the Dome), but they have better beer on tap than most places on Marshall Street.

No; that's the only reason Faegan's does such great business (since, as you note, they leave something to be desired on a couple levels).

I prefer DJ's (where the new Maggie's was located); they have more taps than Chuck's does (maybe a dozen) and they have decent food. But their selection has got nothing on Faegan's as far as quality goes.

Very few bars within quick walking distance of the Dome, unfortunately, and only Faegan's seems to care about good beer.

Suppose you could try Dolce Vita on Irving and Genesee. Or Phoebe's, right across the street. Depends on what your definition of "walking distance" is (they're ~15 minutes from the Dome), but they have better beer on tap than most places on Marshall Street.

DJ's has food? I went there before the Zac Brown concert a few weeks ago and there was no food to be seen and no evidence that they actually served food (menus, etc.).

I know you said walking distance but what you want is available in loads in Armory Square. They run a bus that puts you within walking distance.

DJ's has food? I went there before the Zac Brown concert a few weeks ago and there was no food to be seen and no evidence that they actually served food (menus, etc.).

Yikes, they used to. It's been a couple months; guess they've discontinued that.

One of my boys got punched in the face at Faegan's for making fun of New Jersey. Classy joint.
It's not the venue, it's your jackwagon kids. Say something stupid...get punched in the face. Usually that gets the message through. But since they went home and told Dad, I'm getting the impression that didn't happen. Hope my kid pops him again.

I know you said walking distance but what you want is available in loads in Armory Square. They run a bus that puts you within walking distance.
Yeah, tons of heavenly, orgasmic brews downtown; more variety of delicious than you could ever get tired of.

BTW anyone know... Does that bus run every game now? or still only during Big East games?

Yeah, tons of heavenly, orgasmic brews downtown; more variety of delicious than you could ever get tired of.

BTW anyone know... Does that bus run every game now? or still only during Big East games?
I just confirmed by calling them (Syracuse Suds Factory). BE only.

If your friend got punched in Faegans for saying that, he probably would have been shanked in Harry's.

i like walking down to phoebes post game and having a couple beers while the traffic clears.

You would need to grab the armory bus or its about a mile and half plus walk up hill but I suggest going to JRyans. 69 beers on tap. Good wings. Darts. Pool Table. Friendly people.

You would need to grab the armory bus or its about a mile and half plus walk up hill but I suggest going to JRyans. 69 beers on tap. Good wings. Darts. Pool Table. Friendly people.

J. Ryan's is the best bar I know of in Syracuse. For those who like to walk, it's a fine place to go before the game. Thirty minutes, give or take. For big games, by the time you get across Almond, you're moving faster than traffic for the rest of the way.

Yikes, they used to. It's been a couple months; guess they've discontinued that.
Dj's on the hill should have food now, i work at the one on the blvd and was told we were starting to serve food within the month and the hill started about a week ago

Dj's on the hill should have food now, i work at the one on the blvd and was told we were starting to serve food within the month and the hill started about a week ago

OK, thanks - good to know. Are they going with that cheeseburger-themed menu? It's been a long time coming.

http://www.faeganspub.com/menu

Faegan's must have just suspended the kitchen for the tens of thousands of rednecks in town to see Zach Brown. They have a nice menu and if you go at the right times isn't a bad place. If you are there after midnight on a Friday night you are taking your chances with an amateur drunk looking for trouble... just like any bar.

I was at Faegan's when we clinched the National Title, so it has a warm place in my heart.

It's not the venue, it's your jackwagon kids. Say something stupid...get punched in the face. Usually that gets the message through. But since they went home and told Dad, I'm getting the impression that didn't happen. Hope my kid pops him again.
I am not literally talking about biological children (first due in March!). In some circles, the term "one of my boys" is actually referring to "one of my friends." But since you think of my future children as cry babies who ran home to tell Daddy, when they come of age... I hope your kid gets punched in the throat for defending Jersey, just to mix things up a little bit.

http://www.faeganspub.com/menu

Faegan's must have just suspended the kitchen for the tens of thousands of rednecks in town to see Zach Brown. They have a nice menu and if you go at the right times isn't a bad place. If you are there after midnight on a Friday night you are taking your chances with an amateur drunk looking for trouble... just like any bar.

I was at Faegan's when we clinched the National Title, so it has a warm place in my heart.

I was talking about DJ's not having food, not Faegan's. Also, when DJ's first opened, there was talk of opening a 5 Guys inside of it. I guess that wasn't true.

I was talking about DJ's not having food, not Faegan's. Also, when DJ's first opened, there was talk of opening a 5 Guys inside of it. I guess that wasn't true.
i cant speak for the djs on the hill..but there was a chee burger chee burger on the blvd one up until about 3 months ago. to answer ottos question im not sure what the theme will be. the extent of what i know right now is wings,cheese sticks and tenders