OT: Faking Injuries | Syracusefan.com

OT: Faking Injuries

i could get behind that idea . except some players might end up just playing hurt and aggravating injuries rather than come out of the game and getting looked at.

I really feel like this is a solution in search of a problem.

Yeah, a couple times a game someone *may* fake an injury. It's not worth radically changing substitution rules because of it.

And as others said, given the state of the game anything that might see players play hurt is a non-starter.

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy offers idea to eliminate ‘faking’ injuries: Keep a player out until possession changes

I think many of us would agree with Gundy here. Pretty simple to me - if you go down with an injury, you're out for that drive.
This is one of the 'must have' rules as more schools run hurryup offenses and more schools blatantly cheat to slow things down.

The games are too long. The delays for real injuries are bad enough. If you are really hurt, you shouldn't be going back in during that series anyway.

This must happen.

4 hour football games are unacceptable. TV needs to cut back on their abusive money grab extensions of timeouts as well.

The sport is losing fans, TV viewership and actual in house attendance is dropping. Get the games more in the 3 hour range and people will enjoy football a lot more. The objective should not be to emulate baseball here.

I really feel like this is a solution in search of a problem.

Yeah, a couple times a game someone *may* fake an injury. It's not worth radically changing substitution rules because of it.

And as others said, given the state of the game anything that might see players play hurt is a non-starter.
I don't know, ND had a few defensive players get hurt multiple times during the game, only to be right back in there one or two plays later (you hear me Tranquill?).

guys play hurt now.. but if they are hurt they come out and its for more than 1 play. if they want to come out and go back in then get off the field..

we have radically change subsitution rules a bunch over the years. its not like going back to when you came out you were out for the rest of the half/game.

if guys are dinged enough they cant get off the field then they need to be looked at and its not a bad thing to make them sit the possession.. you can still call a TO and get them back on the field except for ED who has special rules it seems.

i could get behind that idea . except some players might end up just playing hurt and aggravating injuries rather than come out of the game and getting looked at.

How many athletes play hurt and aggravate injuries now, instead of getting looked at?

Guys that are injured enough to lay down on the turf won't be able to play hurt. Not at least until medical staff looks at them and treats them. That takes longer than one play.

There's a difference between injured and hurt. Dungey has probably been hurt all year. The injury he had this weekend took him out of the game.