OT: Favorite Thanksgiving Dish | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Favorite Thanksgiving Dish

1: MY mashed potatoes-- they're yummy :)
2: My mother's sausage and sage stuffing
3: MY pumpkin pie
4: My mother's gravy with giblets

I could not care less about the turkey, until the next day when it's sandwich time. And I have never seen the point of cranberry sauce.

The late night leftover turkey sandwich and slice of pumpkin pie -- long AFTER the official holiday meal -- is the best meal of the day.
yup yup.deff the leftover turkey sandwiches.

yup yup.deff the leftover turkey sandwiches.

I'm siding with All4SU and CUSEBB1 on this one! Late night turkey sangwich with pumpkin or/and apple pie with ice cream...

hey the chefs eat the best. my favourite part of the thanksgiving feast is the post meal cleanup. of course the turkey breast and drumsticks are being saved and divided for leftovers and the bones gathered up for stock... but to me picking the close meat off the carcass with your fingers and knocking back a few bocks with the cleanup crew is the best.

Sweet potato casserole with pumpkin pie ......Dessert, my favorite.

For me there isn't one dish that stands out. Don't think that means I am not demanding though!!! I need my plate divided into turkey (both white and dark), mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing with giblets, and butternut squash, all covering their own quarter of the plate and drenched in homemade gravy... except the squash, which gets loaded with butter and some brown sugar. Then I need gramma's homemade warm applesauce in a small bowl to the side, and a couple crescent rolls and some corn casserole on another small dish.

John Copes Lancaster Co. roasted dried sweet corn
Any way you make it is tasty as can be
It gets swallowed fast at any potluck I take it to

OO44

The late night leftover turkey sandwich and slice of pumpkin pie -- long AFTER the official holiday meal -- is the best meal of the day.

Yes this is it for me as well. Sometime between 7 and 8 tommorow evening after we have the big meal between 2-3 my dad and I will be enjoying turkey sandwhiches followed by mom's homemade pumpkin pie and fresh whipped heavy cream.

Aside from Turkey:

candied-yams1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom