OT - For the really old guys here... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - For the really old guys here...

About a year ago I read Keith Richards's autobiography and watched 'Crossfire Hurricane' and another excellent documentary on the making of 'Exile on Main Street' (which on some days I'd argue is the greatest rock album ever made).

Sent me into a several month long Stones binge, which is never a bad thing.
thought id drop this nugget here.

last december i was drinking a friends bar and one of the guys bellied up was this haggled rock star looking wannabe dude in his 30s...but looking much older, surprise! my buddy is off the boat from Ireland so hes talking to the guy about the old country, the dude is from north of london blah blah blah, he eventually spills that he is on tour with the Stones. we ask him what he does and he goes "you wont believe me if i tell you". he 'claimed' he played Keith's licks behind stage and the soundboard decides whether you hear him or Keith, or sometimes all 3 (Ronnie). no proof of course, he offered tix but we told him we were already going to the (my bad barclays, only time ive been there too, very long day for me) got his name and internet searched him, cant remember now, but he was a guitarist in a couple of failed bands so the profile fit. he did come back the next night and drop off, (unprovoked) a couple of tix to newark, my buddy and somebody else went.

edit: why does g00gle default to 'sex' here??

last december i was drinking a friends bar and one of the guys bellied up was this haggled rock star looking wannabe dude in his 30s...but looking much older, surprise! my buddy is off the boat from Ireland so hes talking to the guy about the old country, the dude is from north of london blah blah blah, he eventually spills that he is on tour with the Stones. we ask him what he does and he goes "you wont believe me if i tell you". he 'claimed' he played Keith's licks behind stage and the soundboard decides whether you here him or Keith, or sometimes all 3 (Ronnie). no proof of course, he offered tix but we told him we were already going to the Garden. got his name and internet searched him, cant remember now, but he was a guitarist in a couple of failed bands so the profile fit. he did come back the next night and drop off, (unprovoked) a couple of tix to newark, my buddy and somebody else went.

Interesting. Guess that wouldn't shock me if true. Guys are all pushing 70, they might need some "help" from time to time.

I was there for Journey, Van Halen, Foreigner, The Police, Genesis, and The Who's (first) farewell tour... those were the days with 94-ROCK, 95-X, Benny, 805, etc.
But not Rush? :D

Also saw VH and the Who, and the sound truly is atrocious in there. War Memorial rocked. Aerosmith, Ozzy, Sabbath (with Dio), Rossington Collins, Triumph, Iron Maiden/Judas Priest, Moody Blues, ah those were the days.

Saw the Stones last night at Verizon, might be their last North American show. For anyone who saw them in the Dome in 1989 (I did 2x as a frosh at SU) it's amazing to see it 24 years later.

Get Off Of My Cloud
It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Worried About You
Street Fighting Man (By Request)
Emotional Rescue
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot
Honky Tonk Women
You Got The Silver (with Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Before They Make Me Run (with Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil
ENCORE
You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with The Washington Chorus)
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)
Old enough to remember the event but not interested enough to go. I kind of regret that now but just put in on one of life's regrets. We all have a list and mine is long enough for another entire lifetime of F-ups.:bang:Oh Lord

But not Rush? :D

Also saw VH and the Who, and the sound truly is atrocious in there. War Memorial rocked. Aerosmith, Ozzy, Sabbath (with Dio), Rossington Collins, Triumph, Iron Maiden/Judas Priest, Moody Blues, ah those were the days.
I have two distinct memories of the War Memorial. A lot of Syracuse National games and summer camp ice skating bus trips. I skated there and on Hiawatha Park lake. I enjoyed the park far more.Decades ago.

last december i was drinking a friends bar and one of the guys bellied up was this haggled rock star looking wannabe dude in his 30s...but looking much older, surprise! my buddy is off the boat from Ireland so hes talking to the guy about the old country, the dude is from north of london blah blah blah, he eventually spills that he is on tour with the Stones. we ask him what he does and he goes "you wont believe me if i tell you". he 'claimed' he played Keith's licks behind stage and the soundboard decides whether you hear him or Keith, or sometimes all 3 (Ronnie). no proof of course, he offered tix but we told him we were already going to the (my bad barclays, only time ive been there too, very long day for me) got his name and internet searched him, cant remember now, but he was a guitarist in a couple of failed bands so the profile fit. he did come back the next night and drop off, (unprovoked) a couple of tix to newark, my buddy and somebody else went.

Non-believer.

Saw the Stones last night at Verizon, might be their last North American show. For anyone who saw them in the Dome in 1989 (I did 2x as a frosh at SU) it's amazing to see it 24 years later.

Legend has it, Mick Jagger hooked up with a girl from Sadler dorm in 1989.

I lived in Sadler at the time and every time we saw her in the dining hall it's all us bumbling idiots would talk about.

No idea what her name was, but I'd know her if I saw her.

Also, a few of my fraternity brothers did shots with Rod Stewart at Harry's a few years later.

I, of course, went home early and Rod popped in 10 minutes after I left.

It was literally right out of Dave Attell's comedy act - the bit where he talks about the fun-mobile waiting around the corner for you to leave. ("Even the fat boy with asthma wearing the Babylon 5 tee-shirt got a hand job.")

Legend has it, Mick Jagger hooked up with a girl from Sadler dorm in 1989.

I lived in Sadler at the time and every time we saw her in the dining hall it's all us bumbling idiots would talk about.

No idea what her name was, but I'd know her if I saw her.

Also, a few of my fraternity brothers did shots with Rod Stewart at Harry's a few years later.

I, of course, went home early and Rod popped in 10 minutes after I left.

It was literally right out of Dave Attell's comedy act - the bit where he talks about the fun-mobile waiting around the corner for you to leave. ("Even the fat boy with asthma wearing the Babylon 5 tee-shirt got a hand job.")

Pauline Shore hooked up with a girl from Day Hall in '91.

Elton John hit on a guy I knew, and sent him flowers, in '93.

Syracuse really brings out the best in visiting entertainers.

wwf guys used to hang out at galvestons-
what a bunch of nice steroid guys they turned out to be- always classy

Pauline Shore hooked up with a girl from Day Hall in '91.

Elton John hit on a guy I knew, and sent him flowers, in '93.

Syracuse really brings out the best in visiting entertainers.
A friend's hookup banged Kevin Love when they were up for the preseason game

I had 10 tickets for the Stones 81 concert. Scalped em all for $50 each. They were not an easy get.

Non-believer.
I have no visual, so that's warranted. He was the guy In the g00gle pics and he did give my bartentender buddy tix. So who knows?

I figure Keith sometimes Fs up a solo and this guy covers...???

Way jealous if u just saw last US show...