OT - Former FSU Receiver Travis Rudolph's Dad Dies After Accidental Shooting | Syracusefan.com

OT - Former FSU Receiver Travis Rudolph's Dad Dies After Accidental Shooting

I saw the headlines... and it looked just like the article link headline. I dont have access to ESPN at work but can only assume that it was accidental based on the thread name.

I am the opposite of a race baiter, but IMO thats 1 of those racially motivated things in life. It it were a white guy, I dont think the headlines would say "father of rudolph dies in shooting" it would say "father of rudolph dies in accidental shooting"

Does that make sense?

Anyways RIP. Dont know anything about the dad, but his son is a good dude by all accounts.

I saw the headlines... and it looked just like the article link headline. I dont have access to ESPN at work but can only assume that it was accidental based on the thread name.

I am the opposite of a race baiter, but IMO thats 1 of those racially motivated things in life. It it were a white guy, I dont think the headlines would say "father of rudolph dies in shooting" it would say "father of rudolph dies in accidental shooting"

Does that make sense?

Anyways RIP. Dont know anything about the dad, but his son is a good dude by all accounts.

His father was doing repair work in a night club in West Palm Beach during the day when someone in another room moved a gun and it went off. Bullet went through the wall and hit him in the back.

His father was doing repair work in a night club in West Palm Beach during the day when someone in another room moved a gun and it went off. Bullet went through the wall and hit him in the back.
Why was there are loaded gun during the day at a night club?

Not shocked he didn't get drafted, but saddened. Would have been a nice thing after a tough time. Especially since he watched the draft with the autistic child he befriended and made national news for. Hopefully he'll catch on some where. If only his tape had been restricted to the 2015 Syracuse game.;)

Very sad news, don't want to get into a gun debate here, but this is why I will never own one, way too many of these tragedies occur.

My friend works at the club where this happened. Bullet missed him by inches. Crazy story he was just telling me about it on Saturday.