OT: G5 Conference expansion? | Syracusefan.com

OT: G5 Conference expansion?

North Texas and UTEP to the MW Conference.

I think those 2 would be excellent candidates. UTEP was actually in the WAC with many of the MWC schools for several decades.

Why? Is it more lucrative to be in the American than the Mountain West?

Why? Is it more lucrative to be in the American than the Mountain West?

Cinci made the Peach Bowl last year.

AAC + Boise would have a decent chance at a NY6 Bowl most years.

Boise gets a sweetheart deal from the MW and makes more (still not a lot) in TV money than the rest of the conference. IIRC, this doesn’t sit well with the rest of the conference anymore. Also, the rest of the conference isn’t very good, so the prospect of an increased TV deal aren’t good.

That is a hell of a lot of travel for those schools

That's the part I just don't get. Has to be football only right? Boise is going to travel to Tampa and San Diego is going to travel to Orlando for a Tuesday night hoops game, or Wednesday night soccer?

Time, cost, etc. Just don't get it. P5 money, sure. AAC money?

That's the part I just don't get. Has to be football only right? Boise is going to travel to Tampa and San Diego is going to travel to Orlando for a Tuesday night hoops game, or Wednesday night soccer?

Time, cost, etc. Just don't get it. P5 money, sure. AAC money?
Yes. The articles I am reading all say this is a football only expansion.

There is a lot of talk about the football playoffs expanding from 4 to 8 and that might be driving this to some degree. Adding these teams and dumping their worst program might be enough to get the AAC a guaranteed berth in an expanded playoff setup.

Wasn't TuxedoYoda one of the ACC implosion cheerleaders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom