OT - Going to Need a New Clyde’s…. | Syracusefan.com

OT - Going to Need a New Clyde’s….

Multiple locations for Clyde’s, right? When I was working a project in McLean it seems like there was a Clyde’s near where I stayed. Close to Tyson’s corners?

This site was once pegged for Redskins stadium. Jack Kent Cooke and Gov Wilder did a faux groundbreaking. Local folks went nuts and hung them up on environmental issues. The site was earlier location for Chesapeake and Potomac rail yards. All kinds of toxic waste. I was on the Alexandria Chamber board and they fight hard, won Amazon HQ2 competition

So the downtown stadium trend is over?
Haha, just in time for Knoxville to build one for their minor league baseball team. I love how behind we are in all things.

Multiple locations for Clyde’s, right? When I was working a project in McLean it seems like there was a Clyde’s near where I stayed. Close to Tyson’s corners?
Their Tysons location has been there for at least 25+ years. Riggo was known to toss a few back on occasion.

Damn we can ride a bike to the games!

Old neighborhood, could have walked.

Traffic is already a disaster in that highway free bottleneck.
that would be a bummer. love hitting metro to china town and catching a game a couple times a year. No way i'd make it to VA for those.

that would be a bummer. love hitting metro to china town and catching a game a couple times a year. No way i'd make it to VA for those.

I like going there too. That neighborhood went from zero to hero. Seems like it peaked and is slowly working its way back down. So many places have closed their doors, some opened as something else. But not quite like its heyday.

It's crazy to me we are now replacing stadiums and arenas built in the 90's, but I guess it makes some sense when you think the stadiums built in the 90's replaced stadiums built in the 50's and 60's. I guess this means I am officially old.

It's crazy to me we are now replacing stadiums and arenas built in the 90's, but I guess it makes some sense when you think the stadiums built in the 90's replaced stadiums built in the 50's and 60's. I guess this means I am officially old.

I don't know what's considered a useful life for those places these days (not like it's iconic MSG whose life is eternal, with some facelifts). But Capital One Area aka Verizon Center aka MCI Center just turned 26 years old. Still a nice place.

I don't know what's considered a useful life for those places these days (not like it's iconic MSG whose life is eternal, with some facelifts). But Capital One Area aka Verizon Center aka MCI Center just turned 26 years old. Still a nice place.
The Capital Centre was built in 72 and torn down in 2002. So Capital One is about the same age as the arena it replaced.

Atlanta replaced it's 90s-built stadiums quickly.

Georgia Dome (1992) > Mercedes-Benz Stadium (2017)
Turner Field (1997) > SunTrust (Truist) Park (also 2017)
(technically Turner Field opened for the 1996 Summer Olympics, and is now the Georgia State University football stadium)

Sounds like they'll remodel it (take out seats) to host the Mystics. Makes sense for Georgetown.
so they can outfit it with 500 seats and they're good for NCAAB and WNBA.

Cig DC can’t even retain their pro sports teams can we move the United States Capitol back to NYC while we’re at it?

I cant think of a single thing wrong with Capital One. It has all the amenities of a modern arena and is in a great centralized location.
Area now very dangerous. Ted threw out the McDonalds as it had become DCs top drug dealing location. Muggings in broad daylight.

Area now very dangerous. Ted threw out the McDonalds as it had become DCs top drug dealing location. Muggings in broad daylight.

It was that way for 20 years, that's a red herring.

It's just a cash grab; Ted wants his own Cobb County Braves stadium district and Virginia's prepared to give it to him.

It's a little bit of a walk or a short metro ride, but I used to love going to the Crystal City Sports Pub for the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. I watched every game of our 2003 run (except the final game) there.