OT - Gonzaga - DeMatha | Syracusefan.com

OT - Gonzaga - DeMatha

I do like Gonzaga. But I stopped going to the WCAC Championship games a few years ago.

The quality of the football at the WCAC schools not named DeMatha has risen tremendously in the last 20 years.

You'll notice that both Jesuit high schools ended up in the Top 10.

If the Post were not trtying to placate the subscriber base by plugging in some public schools, you would see very few publics in the Top 10.

I do like Gonzaga. But I stopped going to the WCAC Championship games a few years ago.

The quality of the football at the WCAC schools not named DeMatha has risen tremendously in the last 20 years.

You'll notice that both Jesuit high schools ended up in the Top 10.

If the Post were not trtying to placate the subscriber base by plugging in some public schools, you would see very few publics in the Top 10.

The recruiting at that level for sports in the local Catholics and privates is flat out crazy. As are the facilities at some of those schools.

The recruiting at that level for sports in the local Catholics and privates is flat out crazy. As are the facilities at some of those schools.

Well, these schools do want to be successful athletically. The Purple faithful are walking around this week with huge smiles on their faces.

I always found the dance that went on to stay withing the recruiting rules quite creative. The school's don't get involved until "First contact" has been made with the schools by the parents.

But prior to this the agents of the school (alums, parents of kids that are going to or that plan to go to the school, youth coaches with connections to the school, etc.) are on the constant look out for talent and attempt to steer you to it.

It starts with subtle sideline conversations. (What high schools is little Kevin looking at attending" and advances to, "Well, Coach X at private school "Y" is aware of Kevin and told me that he thought he would be an excellent player at their school".

Well, these schools do want to be successful athletically. The Purple faithful are walking around this week with huge smiles on their faces.

I always found the dance that went on to stay withing the recruiting rules quite creative. The school's don't get involved until "First contact" has been made with the schools by the parents.

But prior to this the agents of the school (alums, parents of kids that are going to or that plan to go to the school, youth coaches with connections to the school, etc.) are on the constant look out for talent and attempt to steer you to it.

It starts with subtle sideline conversations. (What high schools is little Kevin looking at attending" and advances to, "Well, Coach X at private school "Y" is aware of Kevin and told me that he thought he would be an excellent player at their school".

Exactly true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom