OT - Good News EPL Fans | Syracusefan.com

OT - Good News EPL Fans

??

• a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No "might" about it. Every single EPL game that is played next year will be on TV live in America. Every.game.

fixed :)... i know i am psyched .. i wonder who they will get as commentators..

Anyone know who are the 3 teams most likely to be promoted next year from below? For some reason I love the following the whole relegation part of the equation. Would be so awesome if American sports had this aspect.

Anyone know who are the 3 teams most likely to be promoted next year from below? For some reason I love the following the whole relegation part of the equation. Would be so awesome if American sports had this aspect.

Right now cardiff and hull have separated as the auto promotions - the final spot right now has Watford, Brighton & Hove, Crystal Palace & leicester as contenders. I also wish American sports would follow this process to get smaller markets more involved. Maybe have 20 NBA and NFL teams with another 20 in a league below. I think this instead of the farm system would serve better. You could even go a couple more leagues down. I have a friend who had a short stint at Southend United before blowing out his knee and now coaches in the U.S. I now follow them some and even as a league 2 squad they have a rabid following and really nice stadium.

http://espnfc.com/tables/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=5901

Cardiff is definitely moving up. With 3 games remaining Hull needs to secure at least 4 points for the second spot. Watford is the only club that could conceivably make a run at the #2 spot but need to win at least 2 and hope for a massive collapse (no wins in the fianl 3) from Hull. Watford are way ahead on goal differential though so if they get level on points with Hull they would go through as the #2 promoted team and avoid the 4 team playoff.

http://espnfc.com/tables/_/league/eng.3/english-league-one?cc=5901

Cardiff is definitely moving up. With 3 games remaining Hull needs to secure at least 4 points for the second spot. Watford is the only club that could conceivably make a run at the #2 spot but need to win at least 2 and hope for a massive collapse (no wins in the fianl 3) from Hull. Watford are way ahead on goal differential though so if they get level on points with Hull they would go through as the #2 promoted team and avoid the 4 team playoff.

Much better explanation than mine - honestly I pay more attention to league 2 and 1 then the championship league. I have though really enjoyed seeing some different teams move through the ranks. One team who came up a little short this year but really came on the past few years is Crawley Town in L1. They jumped all over L2 last year ( much to my chagrin as I thought SU was going to move up until they couldn't hang on late) Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the c-league and competing for promotion in a few more years.

Much better explanation than mine - honestly I pay more attention to league 2 and 1 then the championship league. I have though really enjoyed seeing some different teams move through the ranks. One team who came up a little short this year but really came on the past few years is Crawley Town in L1. They jumped all over L2 last year ( much to my chagrin as I thought SU was going to move up until they couldn't hang on late) Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the c-league and competing for promotion in a few more years.
You're hardcore!

All good I only pay attention to lower leagues as it pertains to who gets promoted and who Liverpool is playing in FA, Carling, etc. Seems you're moe in tune then I am throughout all English leagues.

I do share your sentiment with promotion/relegation in US sports but you'd effectively have to dispand the players unions (not an aweful thought) so that players would deal direct with clubs through agents and players could be bought/sold vs free agent and trades. The plus for players in that regard would be greater control over where they end up plying their trade.

It's fun seeing smaller clubs playing with the big boys as well. I follow Greuther Furth in Germany being where my grandmother was from. They made it to the Bundesliga this year and it's wild seeing their stadium in comparison to Bayern and some other big clubs. Of course they are set to head straight back down but it's nice to see new teams on the schedule.

Trolli Arena
trolli-arena_greuther-furth-2.jpg

Allianz Arena
bayer-munich-stadium.jpg
munchen_allianz4.jpg

Yeah Cuse would'be been in the MAC during GRob's reign...might be in the AAC by next season!

You're hardcore!

haha more just that i follow southend haha.. i used to try to follow the german leagues too( steve cherundolo is my old hs soccer coaches cousin) and some of the italian- mostly arsenal for epl and southend in l2 though these days :)

relegation from the premier league could turn out tasty as well for the last spot. barring a miracle, Reading is going right back down and QPR will join them this season. poor 'arry. but other than that, only 6 points separates 17th place (Villa) from 10th place (Fulham) in the table.

In the final week,
Wigan v. Aston Villa
Southampton v. Stoke
Tottenham v. Sunderland
Manchester City v. Norwich

could all decide the final team to go down.

This is good only if you have NBC Sports... I bet 90% of the games will be NBC sports and maybe one game a week on NBC.

It's weird I have the DirectTV sports package and NBC Sports is not a part of it so it looks like I'd have to upgrade my entire cable package to get it. Makes no sense.

relegation from the premier league could turn out tasty as well for the last spot. barring a miracle, Reading is going right back down and QPR will join them this season. poor 'arry. but other than that, only 6 points separates 17th place (Villa) from 10th place (Fulham) in the table.

In the final week,
Wigan v. Aston Villa
Southampton v. Stoke
Tottenham v. Sunderland
Manchester City v. Norwich

could all decide the final team to go down.

Villa has done just enough to steer clear of relegation zone. They get timely wins everytime they drop low enough but they still have that 8-0 loss to Chelsea killing their goal differential. Without Benteke they may be down with Reading in the table. Curious if he stays on if they stay up.

I'm hoping they get relegated so Randy lerner is forced to sell the club. He is a horrid owner.

This is good only if you have NBC Sports... I bet 90% of the games will be NBC sports and maybe one game a week on NBC.

It's weird I have the DirectTV sports package and NBC Sports is not a part of it so it looks like I'd have to upgrade my entire cable package to get it. Makes no sense.

On the filp side, I get high def NBC feed on my busted rabbit ear antennae and will now get at least 1 game a week!

I think it's doubtful Benteke would stay. He and Lukaku had to have gained some suitors with their performances this season. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku gets big time at Chelsea, assuming they don't just continue buying..

I think it's doubtful Benteke would stay. He and Lukaku had to have gained some suitors with their performances this season. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku gets big time at Chelsea, assuming they don't just continue buying..

I think that as well but depends on what clubs are willing to pay. I'm surprised Lukaku was sent out on loan again. He's a scary player to defend against and might be the top striker at Chelsea if they kept him and I thought as much last season as well. I think the knock on him has been stamina/conditioning/work rate as he plays like a world beater for the first 20 minutes he's on and then goes invisable after that.

NBCSN is on the basic cable package at channel 220. No need for the sports pack for this.

Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer plus are changing formats. Fox Soccer will now be FX2 or something.

I paid for the fox sports package to watch QPR - I was forced to take B1G Network in the bundle. I now get to cancel it!

Cardiff and Hull City are moving up. Watford and Crystal Palace have advanced to the Championship play-off final to determine the final promoted side.

Wigan is probably the last team going down. Blew it when their shetty defending lost the lead twice against Swansea. They need all six points against Arsenal tomorrow and Aston Villa next Sunday. Can't see that happening.

Cardiff and Hull City are moving up. Watford and Crystal Palace have advanced to the Championship play-off final to determine the final promoted side.

Wigan is probably the last team going down. Blew it when their shetty defending lost the lead twice against Swansea. They need all six points against Arsenal tomorrow and Aston Villa next Sunday. Can't see that happening.

Yes but if they do take 3 from Arsenal all hell breaks lose. They would be one point shy of Sunderland who they won't pass in goal differential BUT Sunderland are likely not winning @ White Hart lane in their final game. If would also put them 2 points back of Villa whom they host in the final week of the season which could be a HUGE game for relegation.

For this of course, they have to take 3 points @ Emirates vs an Arsenal team scrapping for a CL birth.

I sure hope Wigan keeps it up and takes three from Arsenal and Spurs beat Sunderland.

COYS!!

What's more interesting, if Wigan somehow takes 3 today, is that Villa will be without Benteke in their final match since he went off on a Red Card last match.

Wigan is now done. Only interesting thing to watch this weekend is to see if the the gunners drop points at Newcastle (hoping) and Tottenham steals the UCL spot.

Here is how Watford got through to the Championship play-off final. Pretty incredible end.

Wigan is now done. Only interesting thing to watch this weekend is to see if the the gunners drop points at Newcastle (hoping) and Tottenham steals the UCL spot.

Here is how Watford got through to the Championship play-off. Pretty incredible end.

Rooting hard for Newcastle to draw or beat Arsenal.

COYS!

My fear of what will happen: Newcastle beats Arsenal but Tottenham somehow only draws, drawing even for the final CL spot and missing out by goal differential. Not making CL could very well mean no Bale next year.