OT - good stuff from Huggy Bear | Syracusefan.com

OT - good stuff from Huggy Bear

"I've reached the point in my life where I don't care" . . . . . . . . . :confused: . . . . . wait, BOB! are you saying you cared about what you said before?

Its pretty funny but what does the Marshal coach expect when he calls out Huggins and is trying to get a home N home every season?

The "bad taste in they mouth" quote' is fresh in my mind. But their guards that (NC) season with napier and boatwright were wrecking machines. Hit the 3 over you or drive on by and finish at the rim. Daniels was tough to stop and could really move for 6'9. Their inside people weren't as good as Drummond (who was a beast). But good enough.

Why anyone would go there is beyond me (their fans are grandiose and unmannerly)... but they have had some talented players for sure. And I can see them sliding back into our OOC schedule ... which is getting brutal with all our old BE foes lining up to play us.

Huggins is entertaining at times, and I admit I respect him for more than just his penchant/proclivity for the bottle. JB is funny, but doesn't have the blue collar coolness of a coach who shows up drunk before speaking at a coaching clinic.

I was considering publishing a "NOT: Floyd Mayweather" thread today before logging on, and this is the 2nd thread confirming the soil is fertile. However, I want to wait until I'm feeling a bit better. It shouldn't be like waiting for Chinese Democracy though.

Huggins is entertaining at times, and I admit I respect him for more than just his penchant/proclivity for the bottle. JB is funny, but doesn't have the blue collar coolness of a coach who shows up drunk before speaking at a coaching clinic.

I was considering publishing a "NOT: Floyd Mayweather" thread today before logging on, and this is the 2nd thread confirming the soil is fertile. However, I want to wait until I'm feeling a bit better. It shouldn't be like waiting for Chinese Democracy though.
Huggy was at the Hall of Fame tournament last year. He took pic with anyone that wanted one. I was impressed.

Huggy also deserves credit for producing a legend like Pittsnogle. I still recall rooting for him in his final collegiate game. Tall guys nailing 3's is something that some teams don't shy away from. When in Rome.

Coach Huggins is awesome. I will never forget him kissing his injured player on the floor a few years ago. (but I do forget the player's name)

CaptainJ said:
Huggy also deserves credit for producing a legend like Pittsnogle. I still recall rooting for him in his final collegiate game. Tall guys nailing 3's is something that some teams don't shy away from. When in Rome.

I hate pittsnogle so bad. Destroyed my bracket that year

Huggins and Raftery seem like guys who could drink all through the night and still function somewhat.
No doubt. I'm pretty certain those guys know where all the skeletons are buried, and have stories galore about the old BE and all the programs and personalities.

CaptainJ said:

I didn't understand why some NBA team didn't take a shot at him with his size and shooting touch. Maybe it was before the developmental league? Also weird that he didn't play overseas.

I didn't understand why some NBA team didn't take a shot at him with his size and shooting touch. Maybe it was before the developmental league? Also weird that he didn't play overseas.

I believe he did bounce around some camps but never held on. I thought there was an espn story on him about 3/4 years ago and he was near his original home teaching or something like that. I could be wrong as the recollection is pretty vague.

I thought Beilein was the guy who had Pittsnogle at WVU am I way off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom